water question

Options
I have 2 water questions. First one, How does water help you loose weigh? the second is, I drink 8 bottles of Nestle purelife water would that be considered more than 8 glasses

Replies

• tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have 2 water questions. First one, How does water help you loose weigh? the second is, I drink 8 bottles of Nestle purelife water would that be considered more than 8 glasses
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I cup of water is 8 oz. so one bottle of nestle at 16.9 is just over two cups! You are drinking over 16 cups a day...that's awesome!! :happy:
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Good for you drinking all that water.
    Since that's out of the way, at the very least I am hoping you recycle all of that plastic. At the most, please buy a water filter and a reusable water bottle so that you're not adding all that to the landfills. (sorry to bring reality here folks, but I can't help but think this when I see people mentioning their water consumption in terms of plastic bottles.) Also, the jury is out on that plastic seeping into the water and into our bodies and let's not even go there...
    :blushing:
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Options
    Good for you drinking all that water.
    Since that's out of the way, at the very least I am hoping you recycle all of that plastic. At the most, please buy a water filter and a reusable water bottle so that you're not adding all that to the landfills. (sorry to bring reality here folks, but I can't help but think this when I see people mentioning their water consumption in terms of plastic bottles.) Also, the jury is out on that plastic seeping into the water and into our bodies and let's not even go there...
    :blushing:

I totally agreee!!!!!!
  • evolve33
    evolve33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    good question i don't know if it helps you lose weight but i know drinking a lot helps me feel better and water is the best beverage for you. i try to drink a lot of water and skim milk it also fills your stomach so you night want to eat less:drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    drinking more water doesn't help you lose weight but it can help you from eating more than you should because your body can be telling you its hungry but its actually thirsty. Plus your body is made up of A LARGE AMOUNT of water so replenshing yourself daily is key.

If you weren't drinking the correct amount of water and start to now you will go pee alot then your body will get used to the fact that you are giving yourself the correct amount-- There are some other benefits to it as well. good job for drinking your water.
  • tracylynne29
    Options
    I never thought about drinking the milk to help fill you up thanks for that
  • tracylynne29
    Options
    I noticed since I started drinking more water I pee more than I ever did
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    My favourite reason to drink water is that, simply put, it keeps me from making really bad choices calorie wise. Let me explain, before I started here I drank lots of juice, pop, koolaid, etc. Those things are full of sugar and very high in calories. I save myself in the neighborhood of 1000 calories EVERYDAY just by sticking to water! So amazing. And yes, I second the motion on converting you to Brita water :laugh: Those bottles are just too dang expensive not to mention all that waste. :flowerforyou:
  • tracylynne29
    Options
    I get the bottle of water because I can keep track of how man ounces plus I can carry them where ever I go
  • miss_nevin
    Options
    I drink bottled water myself, and i heard it helps but i guess it only helps cause you arent taking in jucie or soda.. i buy 30 bottles for 4.99 at walmart and i try to save the bottles and then i fill them up again.. once or twice before i put them in the trash.. saves a little money
  • evolve33
    evolve33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    good idea (re using plastic bottles) i like the big 1 liter bottle of poland spring it has a pop up cap so u can drink one-handed. i use the same bottle for a week or so.
    you try the skim milk, crystal light or diet green tea in your bottle. i like having one liter of ice cold water and one liter of something else each day. it often can take the place of snacks and keeps me satisfied:happy: