3000 days in a row!

stuman74
stuman74 Posts: 27 Member
edited April 2021 in Success Stories
This app has been great for me. Starting in January 2013, logging and tracking every single day since then. Some days get every calorie logged, some trail off after lunch. But the point is by seeing the intake and measuring my calorie "currency" each day, I've gone from over 260 max to just under 200 min and holding in the 220's give or take a little most years since this all started. Major life changer as I entered my 40's and will continue to be mindful of this forever. Thanks MFP!

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Well done on your achievement - logged 45 days here lol!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    You are amazing stuman74. I am currently at 190 days, and am surprised I stuck it out this long. I know that MFP has helped me lose the 95 lbs. since July 2020. It really does work if you take the time out for yourself. Thanks for sharing. You picture looks amazing. Can you share any larger ones here. I love to see your before and after for motivation. Again, thanks for sharing.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    WOW! You long timers are awesome! I have been patting myself on the back for doing 40 days that I have just about knocked myself over!!! LOL One day at a time and I will get there, too!
  • NicolaCross2
    NicolaCross2 Posts: 9 Member
    absolutely great that it's helped you so much. I wonder though, is logging still helpful or do you do it more out of habit now? I only ask because I've been doing this for around 70 days now and I'm feeling already like I'm equipped with the knowledge and habits to carry on without the need to keep logging everything. I do plan to keep on until I reach my goal weight and have managed to maintain it for a while. I know how easy it is to slip back into old habits and I want to make sure I'm able to maintain comfortably for a while before I trust myself to continue on my own! I would expect my diligence to trail off though, as maintenance becomes more like second nature. Obviously I don't know how it will actually pan out but doing it for so long seems like it would become more of a chore than anything. How do you find it?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I came on in Feb 2013 and you are right. MFP has helped me keep my weight off. I lost 40 lbs also. 3 years ago I slipped up after a bad flu and gained 25 lbs back but got it off thanks to logging. After that I started weighing daily so 20 lbs could not get away from me.
  • Eak_09
    Eak_09 Posts: 3 Member
    Oh wow! Nice! 🀩
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Congrats β€” am right there with you, it’s day # 3100 for me πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Continued good luck to you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • ccpinnick
    ccpinnick Posts: 32 Member
    Congratulations! I hit 1,000 days today. MFP really has helped me stay on track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!