Looking for advice

Options
Hi!

So I am looking for some advice and opinions about my weight loss as I am feeling a bit frustrated. I previously lost 6 stone due to healthy eating, calorie counting and a bit of exercise 5 years ago. However I developed problems with my mental health after a bereavement and put 5 of it back on.

Now I feel so much better, off medication apart from a tablet for acid reflux and have been healthy eating for 5 weeks. I've been following a low fat diet (no more then 15g of saturated fat per day) and my daily calorie limit is 1600kcals, which sometimes I don't even reach. I work in a busy admission unit as a nurse practitioner so have a fairly active job and even on my days off I do a minimum of 11000 steps. I haven't went back to the gym yet and have been doing DDP Yoga 3 times a week.

Overall I have lost 10lbs, however in the past 3 weeks it is only been 0.5lbs per week when I really am trying. I thought I had a good knowledge of this from losing the weight before but its really frustrating me :'(

Any advice or suggestions would be amazing!

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

Also, why are you limiting fat?
  • pikalou91
    pikalou91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh all my food 😅. I've developed an annoying cough caused by the acid reflux (GORD), so I'm doing everything to try and get rid of it especially cause if you cough in public everyone thinks it's covid🤣.

Apparently low fat, smaller meals are meant to help to I've been doing that as well
  • kj1ca
    kj1ca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Low fat diet helps grow a fat body. Healthy fats are key for mental and body health.