Starting p90x Who's with me?

Options
I'm finally going to commit to it! p90x starts tomorrow afternoon September 12th. I'd love some support if anyone would like to help out!

I'd also love some tips tricks from veterans and if anyone can give me some personal results, testimonies or advice I'd love it!

Replies

• kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    good luck you will love it, i am about to start week 7
  • gregorydh
    Options
    I just started today, so I'm with you.
  • BBCTiffyB
    BBCTiffyB Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

First off, congratulations to ALL of you for starting on this journey! It is A-mazing.

I have already finished one round of P90X and am currently doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid.

You can see my result pics on my profile and I would LOVE to offer all of you support, motivation, tip and advice if you need it!

BRING IT!
    ~Tiffany
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow too... Friend me we can "Bring It" together! and share our Glorious soreness lol
  • pringles2377
    Options
    I wish I could finish one set, it's killing me! But I will push myself harder!!! I will be starting this today:smile:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK to all you starting tomorrow. It's such a FUN program! You will be really sore the 1st week or 2, but that will pass. Don't let that discourage you from doing the program. Remember to go at your own pace, use modified moves until you get stronger and use to the moves, but most of all REMEMBER to ALWAYS BRING IT and KEEP ON PUSHING PLAY!
    You're going to LOVE IT!!!!!
    I'm a p90x grade and finished a round of Insanity. I started a running/p90x hybrid yesterday (in training for a full marathon). If you think about it, I'm actually starting p90x again too! HA! :wink: :happy:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow too... Friend me we can "Bring It" together! and share our Glorious soreness lol

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks!... I have reached month 2 on lean program and doubles but never got to 3 months.. And by month two i was a little complacent ... Goal or Bust this time!
  • BBCTiffyB
    BBCTiffyB Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The one thing I remember to tell ALL women starting this program:

1. WOMEN LOSE WEIGHT SLOWER THAN MEN (in most cases)
    - Don't get discouraged (as CyclingDiva said)
    - I gained 5 lbs my 1st 2 weeks on the program and this is NORMAL!
    - Women's hormones cause them to retain water (we know this) and it goes into overdrive when a woman starts a workout program for the 1st time.
    - This weight WILL drop off! Make sure to drink lots of water (you need more water to lose the water lol) and usually after 2 weeks you will see a drastic loss due to the excess weight now coming off.
    - Also, I find that if I drink 1 cup of hot tea (plain, no sugar) a day, I can keep that water weight off (even when AF is in town)

I really hope this helps =) You will LOVE the results you get from this program! Just keep pushing play (KPP) and Bring It each and every day!

~Tiffany
  • CyclingDiva
    Options

- Women's hormones cause them to retain water (we know this) and it goes into overdrive when a woman starts a workout program for the 1st time.
    - This weight WILL drop off! Make sure to drink lots of water (you need more water to lose the water lol) and usually after 2 weeks you will see a drastic loss due to the excess weight now coming off.
    - Also, I find that if I drink 1 cup of hot tea (plain, no sugar) a day, I can keep that water weight off (even when AF is in town)

I really hope this helps =) You will LOVE the results you get from this program! Just keep pushing play (KPP) and Bring It each and every day!

~Tiffany

I second everything you said! Great points! That is the biggest complaint I hear is the weight gain the 1st few weeks. It will come off if you keep up the program and you WILL be very pleased with your results. :happy:

One thing you MUST do is MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE yourself the 1st week. I was amazing at how I gained 6lbs, but my clothes were so much loser. It's a sweet thing! :wink:
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options

~Tiffany

Very true!! I don't weigh in week to week. I just wait till the end of each phase. The first phase I dropped 8 pounds.
  • MobileRanger
    Options
    Currently on week 6 of P90X and its great. Like others have said, the first week is killer and you will be sore. I have been able to drop weight and put back on lot of muscle. If you can survive week one you'll be fine. Like it was said before keep hitting play and bring it every time.
  • unowhoandwhy
    Options
    I have been doing the original Power 90 for a little over a month. I will be starting P90X on September 19th & am really looking forward to it. I didn't lose a lot of weight with P90, but boy did those inches drop! Even though I occasionally get frustrated with the scale, I remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat & take some measurements, which definitely makes me feel better!
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the program! It's tough, but results are real!