Any UK vegetarians out there?

Hi everyone :) I've recently made the switch back to calorie counting from Slimming World and have started a fresh new account, ready for a fresh new start. I'm also making the move to becoming vegetarian (or at least mostly, it might be a bit more gradual than an instant switch) and would love to link up with other UK calorie counting vegetarians for meal ideas and support. Please feel free to comment below or add me as a friend!

Caroline

Replies

• antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    I'm vegan, diary is open :) I don't add all my spices etc in but you'd get the gist of my meals anyway !
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm not a vegetarian but I have reduced my meat intake to 1 meal (eaten over 2 days) a week and the occasional weekend lunch. My calorie goal is 1200 but I usually do some light exercise and eat around 1400. I've been quite bad the last few weeks and will be readjusting this from tomorrow!

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    A not so strict veggie here (I'm a cheese addict and occasional yorkshire Fishcake partaker).
    Feel free to add me x
  • toadflaxbex
    toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
    I’ve been a vegetarian all my life, so it’s probably easier for me as I’ve known no different. Quorn is my go to as it’s very low in fat and there are so many options. Lots of places are doing plant based now so become a vegan or vegetarian now is so easy.

Please be mindful of your b12 intake. I have to have 8weekly injections because I simply hate green veg! May be worth a multivitamin.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    I'm a pescatarian, but eat mostly veggie and trying to eat more vegan meals, my diary is open, although the last week was shocking for staying within calorie limits as I had most of the week off :D