I stopped weighing myself and I’m scared to

Options
So after I realized I had gained over 20 lb a few months ago I stopped weighing myself. I am taking things seriously now but worried if I step on the scale I will be disheartened. Ever find it’s better to avoid the scale and concentrate on health?

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's better to know what you're dealing with, how do you know if what you're doing is working? I suppose you could tell by the way clothes fit etc and looking at your physical appearance but they can take time to show.

I get it though, it's pretty daunting, I've always found its never as bad as I thought though when I have stood on the scale. Even if it has gone up. It re-motivates me to get it down and recheck what I'm doing to see if there's any tweaks to my diet I can make.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    It's best for me if I weigh every day and log it into the Happy Scale app. When I don't do this, I don't get the results I want.

A corollary to this is that I also need to complete my food log every day BEFORE I finish eating.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight (I’m back now after a pregnancy), I wish that I had weighed myself in the very beginning. My only starting point that I have is two weeks into the process, but I’m always curious to know what my initial starting point is. If you think it will derail you, then don’t, but if you’re committed to losing weight then it’ll be nice motivation to see the scale go down. Don’t invest too much energy into what the scale says as it’s just ONE measure of health, but it’s one that’s readily available for me so I use it. I also wish I took measurements and pictures at the start point.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I only weighed in at the beginning and not by choice. I had surgery and had to be weighed. Have not weighed in since but am very focused on staying on track.
    Were it not for that initial weigh in I would not be where I now.