Strange NSV: rings too loose, the gym, creepers & I'm gettin

Options
Okay, so my wedding band & engagement ring combo has been resigned to my "Mother's day" necklace for the past several months. The last time they were resized I was 20+ lbs heavier & my hubs needs his resized too. We agreed it would be our anniversary gift to ourselves this fall. So he goes without (military, everybody in his unit knows and adultery is grounds for courts-martial anyway) and I wear my necklace if I'm out and about... 

EXCEPT AT THE GYM. Not sure I'd wear them there anyway as the detail-work would cut into my skin and mess up my dumbbell/barbell grips. Well, I was fortunate enough to have "Mommy Makeover" surgery last month as my hubby and I decided we're done having kiddos and it was a fitting reward and way to celebrate :) So now I'm rocking what I feel at times is a body of a, um well, "swimsuit model" is the least stigmatized occupation I can think of; which probably makes me look even MORE out of place at the gym where I spend 90% of my time in the testosterone-heavy weight room.  The white-ish bleach-blonde hair only seems to exacerbate the look, but I simply love it too much to give it up. Which is why I can't wait to get my rings re-sized and finally get the "USMC" tattoo on my upper-arm that I promised myself when I got moved from the Temporary Disabled List to the Permanent one (officially "retired") over 2 years ago but never got around to :(  I joked with my hubby about tatting my ring-finger, but we both agreed that it would probably jinx us, lol.  

At the gym I get more respect from the guys than anything; the "regulars", staff & I always give each other the "nod"/slight smile and have earbud-sign-language down to an art-form. Sometimes I get stared down/"eye-raped" but I've perfected whatever "look" that must translate to "F-off"; I also occasionally have to deal with guys making up crazy excuses for conversations or getting honked at as I'm walking in/leaving. Since the surgery, it's gotten FAR more frequent. Whatever, it's flattering, just bugs me when it crosses into "creepy" territory.

Case in point: Today was the first day I grabbed a "junk ring" (sterling silver if that, plain thin band that wouldn't interfere with my grip) to wear as a "wedding band".  So I'm chilling in my car post-workout with the windows down waiting for my AC to kick in and logging cals burned when this guy I've only noticed at the gym recently LEANS IN, asks my name and says I'm "looking really good lately" yadda yadda yadda (gee, it took $13k of plastic surgery for him to notice? Shallow fvck...) Sadly for him I remember he gave me an attitude when I asked him to remove the excess 45lb plates off the machines he just finished using as I wasn't medically cleared yet for that amount a couple weeks ago. Fast forward: he asks if I'm married, I show my scrap-metal, laugh and say "yep, 8 years to my Marine Corps Combat Instructor-Trainer... now he's active Army Nat'l Guard transferring into the SF unit, oh and we have 3 kids, I just invested in all this surgery which is why I appreciated your help the other day..." (ugh, "help" yeah right -jerk)  He hangs around a bit longer, asks if I wanna bet on the Broncos-Raiders game & I blow him off saying the VA doesn't pay me enough. Say bye to get him out of my window and drive off.

Get home, relate the story to my hubby & say I'm glad I picked today to wear the junk-ring; that the fact that guy waited to approach me until I was alone outside in my car and he physically leaned in my window made me uncomfortable. Hubby says, "Looks like it's time to get you a Glock .45 and your concealed weapons permit, but I'll have to teach you to shoot first *wink*, lol" (I'm a sharpshooter with the M9/Beretta). Ummm, "yay!" :D I mean, I used to run sex-offender registration at a correctional facility... so I promise to only threaten the REALLY creepy ones.

Replies

• LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Actually, nevemind....
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    congrat I guess, lol.

Just has to say a little chuckle at the adultry is grounds for court matial, lol. I may be but it rarely, if ever happens, totally unrelated but it was funny.

ya creepy people at the gym are so irritating! Some guy came up to me yesterday and I guess didn't realize my husbadn was only a few machines away and was like "hey, I think I know you." I said, noooooo, i think you do not. After 2 minutes of going back and forth my husband comes over and was like, "wait, I do know this guy, you were the guy watching spongbob on the personal tv on the treadmill." I just walked away while they went at it. LOL, I love spongbob tho, so what does that say about me?
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I want a gun now, just so i can call myself something wicked effing awesome like sharpshooter, lol. only in video games... sigh... you. are. awesome. for all of this.XD
  • zenwarrior77
    zenwarrior77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Too Funny! How come it doesn't go the other way? I never get women to single me out. Then again when I am at the gym I am usually the sweatiest guy there and focused on lifting. Maybe I am being eye raped, but wiht my luck it is only the douche bag guy in the corner pinching his nipples and flexing. Congrats on the continued marriage, good luck with the glock, though I am currently partial to my XDM .40 right now. Most of all Thank for your service, Hoorah, and Semper Fidelis!!!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just has to say a little chuckle at the adultry is grounds for court matial, lol. I may be but it rarely, if ever happens, totally unrelated but it was funny.

It's actually one of the most common charges for female military lock-ups, I'd know ;) Rare for the guys though. Marines like to joke "TAD" really stands for "Temporarily Assigned Divorce". When hubby switched to the Army, he's like, oh... it's "TDY" now, so that's not possible. Until I quipped back, "Temporarily Divorced... YAY!" ;)

Initially he took issue with me watching the series "Army Wives", because the number of affairs/potential affairs were really starting to rack up. That was until I started enumerating the number of affairs we knew of out of our active-duty acquaintances FAR exceeded the one's in the show, lol. (ok, not really laughable, but you'd expect a drama to exaggerate real life, not the other way around... gotta "put on a good face" and all) Definitely NOT worried about my guy; if you've ever seen the movie "Hall Pass", you'd understand.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Actually, nevemind....

Huh?

KittyGamer: find a local gun safety class and range. Just remember, you're only as good as your instructor.

Zenwarrior77: OMG, I laughed so hard I almost peed myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!