Alcohol 🍻

Avril4565
Avril4565 Posts: 3 Member
It is crazy the amount of calories in alcohol 😱 I have an occasion coming up. What are your go to low calorie alcohol choices? I don't want to waste alot of calories on alcohol but I still want to be able to enjoy an odd drink 🥂

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Thanks to short-lived early onset pandemic boredom, all I know is bourbon, whisky rum and vodka. I mixed every one of these with either organic lemon juice or organic ginger juice. Or had it "straight up"

In short, I think the trick is to keep it all simple and low sugar but do wait for an actual connoisseur to chime in.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Skinnytaste has some good recipes for lighter drinks as does The Skinny Confidential.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Vodka soda is the classic "diet" drink. Soda meaning soda water/club soda/seltzer, of course. I'm not a huge fan, I'm sure we can do better. Here are some guidelines.

1. There's just as many calories in well whiskey as there are in Johnnie Walker (or whatever your spirit of choice is), so if you're gonna spend the calories, spend the money, too, and get the good stuff.

2. If you're ballin' on a budget (and you are - a calorie budget, if nothing else), you better make that good stuff last. Whatever you get, nurse it for a good long while. I don't know what your occasion is, but it's probably not necessary to get absolutely off-your-tits drunk in order to have a good time; one tasty, well-made drink ought to be plenty.

3. If you want to have more than one drink at this shindig and you don't want to sip a spirit straight or on the rocks, stick to simple mixed drinks rather than cocktails, and opt for lower-sugar or diet mixers (diet Coke/Sprite/tonic water, plain or flavored seltzer, etc).