Anorexia success

Options
since I started logging my food intake, I've gained two pounds this week. It's really scary but this website helps! I am also very motivated (most of the time) and determined to beat this. I don't want to die from an eating disorder! Thank you my fitness pal.

Replies

• loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your road to recovery. I wish you all the best of luck and stay strong!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great work, I don't see many success stories from people needing to gain weight, so its nice to hear.
    Well done and keep up the good work.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    good for you for working on being healthy! :bigsmile:
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself. Good job :happy:
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just take it one day at a time. :smile:
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Don't be afraid of it! You're doing the right thing for yourself and for your body! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My best friend and my SIL have both battled anorexia (and both were hospitalized for varying lengths of time). I understand very well how scary it is. Congratulations on your gain! You should be very proud. Keep up the good work!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That is great! I wish you continued success on your new healthy lifestyle :)
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    YAY---that's awesome!!!!!! Keep up the good work! You can overcome this battle with such an icky disease. It will all be worth it to be at a healthy weight and feel great!
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Awesome sauce! I'm trying to gain at least 5 pounds myself. I need to at any rate, and I'm so scared. This makes me feel inspired....and like I'm not alone. :) I'd like to friend you if that's ok.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Oh how wonderful. That's really great. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who nearly died a lot of times from anorexia, but she turned her body image/food obsession into a healthy obsession - she focused on building muscle rather than losing weight, and put on so much weight by doing a bit of body building. She's the happiest and healthiest I've ever seen her, she's finally managed to make this terrible illness work to her advantage and aid her in becoming healthy. Good luck on the road to recovery, I know it's a huge mindset change to switch from losing to gaining, but eventually you'll get to your healthy weight and realise how much better you look and feel (:
  • crazie01grape
    crazie01grape Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    that's great! keep it up!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep up the great work. This is a really supportive site.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You go girls! (Jackie, too.) :bigsmile:
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is sooooooooooooo fantastic! Congrats and keep up the great work. Remember there are HEAPS of us here rooting for you and here to help if you need! :D
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Every woman needs a little bit of curves to look sexy and feminine. Especially if they're tight toned muscular one's. You can work towards a healthier build and still have total control of your journey every step of the way. Just gotta work towards a new definition of perfect.

The changing your definition is the hardest part and it's all mental. I struggled a long time with disordered thinking where I thought "fashion model thin" was ideal for everyone, even thought that's what guys preferred. I WASTED a lot of time being unhappy with myself. What finally helped me embrace my more hourglassy build was researching aspects of evolutionary psychology like ideal waist-to-hip ratio, ideal BMI range, etc. Kinda hard to argue with science and thousands of years of evolution. Now I have a new "perfect" and I'm not fighting with my body anymore, but working with it.

Best of luck on your new journey.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's okay to be a little scared. Change just takes a little getting used to. Keep coming back!
  • finabella
    Options
    Fantastic result, don't be scared your doing your body and mind proud!
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've found the right place to discover that there's nothing to be scared of - might take some time but you'll get there! You are in control!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!