styku body scanner

hey guys. I have a question about this scanner. my trainer put me up on it the first and last week we worked together. I'm 30% body fat and it seems.. extreme? I'm lean, 5'1' and 113lbs. the results put me in the "fit" range but on a regular body fat scale, I'm "obese". does this thing work differently?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Considering it's only doing a visual scan of body - I'm skeptical.
    Very much different than BF scale. It wasn't explained what was going on when you did it?

While the eyes of a skilled person that has seen tested BF% along with visuals of those people, can get within 5% it seems - I'm doubtful of this device having that skill level programmed in.

I'd warrant it's same or worse than the 10% potential accuracy for your BIA scales - which can be made worse with improperly hydrated body used on it confusing matters.
    I'll bet the figures of both overlap when you take into account 10% accuracy range, or worse potentially.

If you get a measuring device that while inaccurate is at least consistent - you can know direction of changes at least.

For other health markers, many times other measurements are better, though still may be off for different body shapes.

• shwncarson1
    shwncarson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Have you tried the FITINDEX scale?