Wine.

Options
If I am within my caloric intake, is it okay to have one or two glasses of wine a night? Or does it screw up the weight loss process? I have some Moscato staring at me and I'm ready to drink it.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    If I am within my caloric intake, is it okay to have one or two glasses of wine a night? Or does it screw up the weight loss process? I have some Moscato staring at me and I'm ready to drink it.

drink it. log it into your diet. a glass of wine is good for you!!! everything in moderation.
  • marjen002
    Options

drink it. log it into your diet. a glass of wine is good for you!!! everything in moderation.

What he said! :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    if you have the calories left go for it :) i do when i feel like a glass
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it!! Moscato is white and sweet so beware of sugar. But just chase it with some gulps of water to prevent dehydration/water retention and a glass or two should be fine. The problem arises when a glass or two turns into the whole bottle!
  • shockrina
    Options
    I'm a wine lover! I don't drink often but when I do it may be like half a glass and it's not all that many calories. Besides I like to think of it as drinking fruit (grapes). :) LoL If you drink red it's all round healthy for you.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

Much agreed.. everything in moderation. . You are going to do great. . . NO worries.:smile:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass or two of wine 2-4 nights a week. Hasn't hurt my weight loss any.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm edging up on 30 pounds lost, and I drink beer and/or wine fairly frequently. Also, chocolate. ...Sometimes chocolate beer. Never chocolate wine.

Pretty sure it hasn't screwed up my weight loss... it's possible that I would have lost a lot faster without the alcohol, but that would make me a sad panda indeed.

Go ahead and drink it! :drinker: You'll be fine! Cheers!!
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today on Dr Oz, he recommended to drink one glass of red wine to help combat belly fat. Stress can cause you to retain fat and the wine helps you to relax and unwind at the end of the day. (I don't even drink wine but thought I'd pass along the info!) :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    on a similar note, i spent the weekend making wine with my dad. we made 5 gallons of chadonnay, 10 gallons of pinot grigio, and 30 gallons of a chablis, grenache, black malvoisie wine. all from juice, because the grapes aren't available yet. next week the grapes come, and we're making 15 of sangeovese, 15 of a shiraz grenache blend, and 140 gallons of whatever my dad feels like.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A related conversation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340587-alcohol-and-metabolism

I've stopped counting the first drink I have each day.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Also, chocolate. ...Sometimes chocolate beer. Never chocolate wine.
    You need to try some good dark chocolate with a dry cherry wine. Outstanding pairing.
  • a_stronger_steph
    Options
    You need to try some good dark chocolate with a dry cherry wine. Outstanding pairing.

Ooohhh I never said I didn't pair chocolate with wine. :wink: That can indeed yield some delightful combinations. I've just never come across chocolate-flavoured wine, hehe.
  • bootcamp68
    bootcamp68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chocolate wine is yummy - you'll have to hunt some down:)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

Ooohhh I never said I didn't pair chocolate with wine. :wink: That can indeed yield some delightful combinations. I've just never come across chocolate-flavoured wine, hehe.

Chocolate flavored wine is gross. Or so says my mom, grandma, sister, brother-in law....Yeah you get the point. I am not 21 yet so I haven't tested this one out. : )
  • a_stronger_steph
    Options
    Yeah, a quick googling has revealed that chocolate wine does indeed exist. I'll definitely have to hunt some down! :laugh:
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    LOL I just discovered wine this past week. And I've had some every night since. I just wanted to know if it affects the metabolism at all. But since I'm not the only one, I don't feel so bad. ;). Thanks!