Im Back! After having a baby

Options
My baby is 2 months old and I love him to pieces! Thats the good news...bad news is I gained 60 lbs with him, and I was heavy to begin with! So, you can imagine how I feel. Well, I dropped about 35, and then the weight just stopped coming off...so Im back here. How do parents find time during the day to work out? Its hard to even eat right cause I barely have time to cook anymore! I get up, watch baby all day, and then work, and then sleep.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    A lot of workout dvds are under 30 minutes so it is do able.
  • curves_
    Options
    A slow cooker will save you so much time! I say invest in one of those and that can free up your time to do your workout!
    This website will give you all sorts of workout for free that you can do in your home using just your body (or some basic equipment). http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Good luck and congrats on your baby boy!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I saw some exercises that can be done with the baby...or his carriage to use as support...also walking with him is great for both of you! Congratulations!
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I totally understand what you're going through as I just returned today (well as far as longing in my food and exercise) since having my son as well. I had him on July 24th. When did your little one arrive? I know it's going to be hard to be gone for so long, but I know that everyone here on this site is so helpful. I totally agree with ChantalGG...lots of 30 minute workouts! I found, even before I got pregnant, the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred kicks your butt!! Finding the time to eat is tough also. I don't know about you, but my first meal of the day starts around 11ish?!!! I've totally lost my appetite and I know that's soooo not good. And you are so right about not having the time to cook either so I end up eating cup o noodles or fast food eehhh.... well, good luck to you and congrats on your new bundle of joy!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I gained 55 lbs with my son and eventually lost it all and then some with this site. Just stay focused on eating real foods and staying within your calories for the day, but don't eat below your calorie limit!!! Also, I used Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and other DVDs because they were quick but effective. And you can always walk with baby in the stroller, eventually run with a jogging stroller if thats your thing. And be sure to sleep when baby naps so you can keep up your energy! There are tons of healthy and quick recipes out there, it helps if you plan your week out either on your food log or just in general so you make one grocery shopping trip for the week and know you have everything you need. I found I ended up eating pretty much the same 2-3 breakfasts, 2-3 lunches, and 3-4 dinners repeatedly because I knew their calorie count, they were quick and easy, and my brain was too fried to think of new and creative dishes lol. Once the little one was a little older that changed of course, but for the first few months or so it was easier in that new-mommy-zombie-state to stick with what I knew was quick and healthy. Hope that helps!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    hello. . you can totally do it. . there are 10, 20, and 30 minute videos at walmart. and most of which are about 10 dollars. .
  • knitsteve
    Options
    Congrats on baby :smile: If time's limited, just modify routine activities so that they become your workout; e.g. stairs: go up 2 down 1 until you get to the top, do "leg lifts" while sitting down, and so on :wink:
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    thanks all...what about breastfeeding? How do I know Im eating enough? I only breastfeed half the time, formula half. thanks!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    hhmmm I breastfed pretty much exclusively but if the little one did end up with formula I would still pump so I ended up adding in 300 calories extra at least a day, and if I ever still felt hungry I would allow myself up to 200 calories extra, and still lost weight. I just added it under the cardio portion of the exercise cals manually as breastfeeding, lol. I know that dr's say anywhere from 300-500 cals extra a day to support breast feeding... maybe you could do half, like an extra 150 or 200 and if you still feel a little hungry or see your supply getting low add up to another 200 cals for the day. Also drink TONS of water!! I had a 2 L bottle that I felt like I refilled 3 times a day and at least once at night. You have to stay well hydrated to keep up your supply for sure.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ok thanks! that helps!