Would anyone else find time stamps on our food log helpful?

Options
I would love to know when I'm eating the most calories and such to help track emotional or stress eating.

Thoughts?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    When I used to log on MFP I had my day split into awake to noon, noon to 4pm, 4pm to 8pm, 8pm to midnight, post midnight (5 in total)
  • Iwannabeapunkrockmom
    Iwannabeapunkrockmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I meal plan and usually stick to my plan, so it wouldn't make much of a difference for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't find it helpful...but for what you're talking about, maybe keeping a journal to write down your thoughts and feelings about a particular episode...that's what I did with the booze
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    On the free option you can add the max # of meal slots, and rename them based on times. Like instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, you could call them 6-8am, 8am-11am, 11am-2pm, etc. I don't remember what the max # of sections is but you could experiment with it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    When I used to log on MFP I had my day split into awake to noon, noon to 4pm, 4pm to 8pm, 8pm to midnight, post midnight (5 in total)

Yup, that's a good idea for you, I think. You can customize your meals and you could base them on the hours of the day.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The Nutrition tab has the option of a day view for your calories that breaks it down into a pie chart. Not sure that’s exactly what you’re looking for but it might be helpful
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I wouldn't find it helpful...but for what you're talking about, maybe keeping a journal to write down your thoughts and feelings about a particular episode...that's what I did with the booze

This is a good idea! I use the "notes" feature on the diary to write down things like illness; I definitely think you could use it for something like this, too.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    On the free option you can add the max # of meal slots, and rename them based on times. Like instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, you could call them 6-8am, 8am-11am, 11am-2pm, etc. I don't remember what the max # of sections is but you could experiment with it.

Max number of slots is 6, so if you break the day into 4-hour chunks, that's a whole day.