What does it mean when a community group is labeled "private"?

Options
chublet25
chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
Does that mean that I can't join? Does it mean that I'm not welcome, or have to be approved? Does anybody know the difference?

And why do some people start groups and then never come back? That one's got me stumped too!

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I may be mistaking but I think private groups are invite only. I don't think it necessarily means you're not welcomed. If you're interested in a group that is private maybe send a FR to the person who created and ask to join. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It just seems strange that these groups are advertised to all and sundry and it appears that I could join them, if they're private. Thanks for your answers. I mean, some are obvious - groups of co-workers, or people living in a specific area - but many of these groups seem to have 1 person in them. Thanks again. I guess I'll just give them a miss unless a miraculously perfect group shows up!
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I joined a couple of mental health groups here but they're all abandoned :s
    I wish I could find some active ones here because the General support here is awesome ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be part of any group with standards so low that I might be invited to join.

Oh come on, you're not *that* bad. Course you do know yourself better than we know you so thanks for the warning...
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I joined a couple of mental health groups here but they're all abandoned :s
    I wish I could find some active ones here because the General support here is awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

I joined a group formed for folks with commitment issues.

.... nobody was there.

I giggled
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Last year, I was invited to join a private group for procrastinators.

I'm still thinking about it.