Scale VS Measuring Tape!!!

Options
I’ve been at this weight loss and muscle gaining challenge for the past 8 months. I’m only 7lbs away from my goal weight but I still need to firm and tighten up this core! I’m working out doing HIIT circuit training and workouts and I’m gaining muscle but the weight loss has minimized and my VShred Coach says not to stress focus on the weekly measurements then you know if you’re gaining muscle and losing weight in areas you need to lose. It’s still a mind game when you step on that scale. Last week I was lower in weight than this week but this week I’ve worked out more and calories lowered but yet scale weight is higher. Any support or tips on how to work through this I am all ears! Close to the finish line but it feels like I’m miles away.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,542 Member
    Options
    If you've increased workouts, but calories are at a level that you wouldn't expect to make you gain weight, then a higher scale weight is probably about a little more water retention from inflammation/muscle repair. If so, patience is the answer, because it'll balance out eventually.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • HethcLivinBestLife
    HethcLivinBestLife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! 😊 I deal with digestive issues so you’re probably right on with water weight etc. I know building muscle mass will increase weight too so I’m trying to not let it get to my head I just had hoped with decrease of calories in my meal planning this week and increase exercise that I would have seen some decrease in weight but not much if any. I measure myself tomorrow then forward my macros, weights and measurements to trainer tomorrow. So crossing fingers I’m losing inches at least where I need too.