Someone Keep Me Accountable 🙈 PLEASE 😁

Options
jw1c90
jw1c90 Posts: 3 Member
Good Evening, so I really want to get back to my comfortable weight of 120lbs. Since the beginning of January I have put on 14lbs. I exercise a few times a week and eat ok through the day but then consume around 1000+ calories in the evenings due to bordem and stress. Im a single Mum to two kiddies both under 4. I writing this here so as to keep myself accountable to someone...anyone...I need to stop this crazy eating in the evenigs that is piling on the lbs and making me no longer fit into last summers clothes 🤔🙄😁. I will update each Saturday night. Im hoping to lose a healthy 2lbs a week :)

Replies

• Corley32
    Corley32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am here, I need the same a buddy partner
  • jw1c90
    Options
    Ohhh yes. Whats your goals? Lets keep each other motivated and accoubtable 👏🏻😁
  • Anewbody2021
    Anewbody2021 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • meezfine
    meezfine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • jw1c90
    Options
    Not sure how to add people?
  • cyndrz
    cyndrz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need someone too. I’m back at this fitness app because it’s the best thing out there is and I fell off the wagon. I just need to lose 15 pounds. I would love to be an accountability buddy if you still need people because I need some. Let me know, I’m looking forward to having go on this journey with somebody too.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    To add a friend, just click on their picture, then click on their user name, and you will be on their profile page, where you will see a green "button" that says, "Add as Friend". Click that, and you can send them a message explaining why you want to be friends and send the request. I've mostly lost my weight--I've been here 6 years--but I just took off 10 lbs of "creeping and pandemic pounds" and am hoping to very slowly get a little lower, so accountability is still a must for me and probably always will be!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Late night mindless snacking is usually how I end up gaining weight too. Been there, done that.... just last night actually!

If you do some searching, you can usually find people to add with similar goals, and/or personality matches that will motivate you. There are loads of helpful people to be found, you just have to look for the right "fit" to find them.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but change your expectations. You have very little weight to lose. I know it seems insurmountable from this side of the mountain, but you’re comparatively close to goal.

Weight is much slower to come off the smaller amount you have to lose.

Expecting or hoping (even though hope springs ever eternal) to lose 2 lbs a week is neither healthy nor sustainable.

I’m betting you’ve set a calorie goal of 1200. That’s because that’s the minimum MFP will set, whether you’ve entered .25 or 2 per week.

Too many people come here and hurl themselves into getting it off “fast”, and end up eating too little, binging, cutting further, binging again and just getting into a generally negative cycle, throwing up their hands, quitting, and going in search of the next great miracle quick weight loss plan.

Be gentle on yourself. Lose at a slower rate. Eat more. Take the time to learn new habits or reinvigorate old ones.

Youve got two kids. You’d give them the same advice.

Hugs! Hope to see you posting in Success Stories in a few months!