Middle Aged Dudes...

Options
Come on, where my fat dads at?? I need inspiration. I'm middle aged. I'm a mess.

Replies

• mrbigginsjourney
    mrbigginsjourney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    39 here trying get fit
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    51. After being consistent in the gym and with food for years, I have packed on pounds the last couple due to a back injury/pandemic and too relaxed on nutrition. 2 months back in the gym. 2 weeks back on MFP. I have 20-25 lbs to drop.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Way to get it done gentleman!!
  • Jagged82
    Jagged82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    g00d0newah wrote: »
    Come on, where my fat dads at?? I need inspiration. I'm middle aged. I'm a mess.

You got this, have to start somewhere and regardless of how far you go the realization and first step are most important.

My scenario was the usual slowly gaining weight as I age then this changing to quickly gaining after becoming a dad. 5 years later (still young kids at home) and this pandemic crap also messing with my head not socializing (and that's even as an introvert) figured had to do something. Went from no excercise to 2-3 10 min HIIT starting in December 2020. By feb i was no longer losing weight. I had always dismissed calory counting but there's so much more to it, paying attention to what you eat by the act of logging caused me to eat better and reduce overeating. Now I'm here since feb.. I've hit a plateau again going 5 weeks now but i feel good and i workout 30 min or am physically active every day and honestly 5 months of effort have gotten me to better shape than i was 20 years ago so its worth it.. still hope to reach my goal at some point but hey.. perseverance.

Omg sorry for the essay.
  • meezfine
    meezfine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    M.A.D. here! When you let things go and stuff gets messy, you get inspired and that helps get you going in a healthy direction. Seems like we all go through it at some point.
  • CPayz84
    CPayz84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    37 yr old dad of 5! Fell off the healthy wagon couple years ago or so and am STRUGGLING to get back on. Have 10-15 pounds to lose but mostly getting active with consistent workouts is my goal. Good luck to everyone!
    -Caleb
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options
    You can do this - begin with small steps and over time you'll be amazed at what you can do.
  • stevie0875
    stevie0875 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fat dad here 🙋‍♂️
    45 year old and 18 stone, need to try and get back under 16 🤞
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    44 here.
    Been a dad for 4 years.
    Rocked a dad bod for the last 8 years! 🤣
  • jarevalo1313
    jarevalo1313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Headed for middle age names Jonathan 29 but definitely rocking the dad bod looking to change that feel free to add could always use any tips or advice. Good luck to everyone
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Soon to be 44 dad of two teenagers... After being overweight for years, have lost quite some weight over the past few years, put some back on due to quarantine, job loss, etc and now back on track, lost it and working on losing some more and toning up and building up some muscle...