need help

please help
I am 5'3 my weight flucuates between 205 and 215 constantly. According to mfp it says if i eat 1700 calories I will actually lose. There are days I am on plan and start dropping , but as soon as i get around 205ish its like my body feels so deprived ( really my mind) and I go off track which leads to weeks of binging and i creep back up to 215 . Then the rollercoaster starts all over again. This literally has been going on for years. Many years ago , I lost alot of weight with mfp (went from 220 down to 150) I just cant seem to stop this same same losing and gaining over and over. HELP.

Replies

• Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    If you’re burning out, then you need to raise your calories. If you’re aiming to lose 1lb a week, then reduce that goal to .5lbs a week. Whatever you choose needs to be sustainable in the long run, and going to hard from the get go can often lead to binging.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    You don't mention if you're exercising, but you may be able to squeeze in another 300 or so calories if you just go out and walk for an hour or so a day. I don't know if that would help or not, but I agree that raising calories, in as controlled a way as possible, when you start to feel binge-y is probably the smartest thing you can do. Adding an extra small meal off 300 or so calories on those days may prevent a binge costing you thousands of calories.
  • Melissabaillie30
    Melissabaillie30 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks :) it's so weird because for example say we get takeout, even though I could fit a meal into my calories it's like an all or nothing . For example I can't just have a single burger and small fries . I need to get the biggest fries biggest burger and literally know ahead of time I need to be full ..like way beyond full. If there is a dessert in house I won't even bother eating it unless I can have so much of it I feel overly indulged . It's like mentally all or nothing .
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    So...I'd say you should take some time to think about your mental/emotional relationship with food. I have had periods where I binged --- like I wouldn't eat all day at work , then stop on my way home and grab fast food...but like A LOT. I sort of said to myself, "well I haven't eaten anything all day so I can eat a lot now"...but I ate way too much (felt miserable and often didn't even finish all of it) and I was totally inactive.

But I'd also suggest that every 10-15lbs or so, you readjust your calorie goal. It could change. I'd go for slower rather than faster weight loss (.5lbs or 1lb instead of 2lbs).... every time someone talks about being hungry --- there's literally ALWAYS the possibility you are simply hungry bc you aren't eating enough. For example...the amount of calories you say is your goal is more or less my maintenance calories and I weigh much less than you so it's possible that the deficit you have set is just too high and you're just hungry bc you are not fueling your body enough.