Again and again and again...

I am looking for people who want to keep each other accountable and encourage each other on here. I'm finding threads that are so old they are useless lol.

Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    I get what you mean.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Yep, don't think that many people using the app realise that there's this side to it.
    Feel free to add me hunni x
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    How are we all doing today? It’s a beautiful day here in northern NJ! Already got in a walk but feeling very hungry today. Getting water logged.
  • suzymurdle
    suzymurdle Posts: 10 Member
    I did notice the threads are old. I used fitness pal a few yrs. ago with great success. Now that I am retired. I am putting it back on. Feel free to add me and remember to stay positive. You got this!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    So the threads are old. If you DON'T know the information contained in them, it DOESN'T matter how old they are. Weight loss/gain/maintenance is an old concept that's factual. However way you want to cut it, CICO is really that matters.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • janet41283
    Yes, being positive helps with motivation. I am working on this with the help of my physician. No pills or anything, just working with what is best for me. Not everything works for everyone. I wish everyone success in this journey!
  • janet41283
    Guess I'm the only one here?? Hoping more people join in.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    If any of you would like to try a team approach, I can assure you that it is very effective if you stick with it. There is a group called Fat 2 Fit with six teams of around 25 people each. The support is amazing! Each team has its own distinct character, so you can check them out and see if any look good to you. We're accepting new members to start next Sunday, so come on by, have a look, and see if it could be what you need. You'll get motivation, support, help, accountability - the whole nine yards, and soon their voices will be in your head whenever your hand is reaching for that unwise snack...

Sign-up thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10833663/june-2021-registration-for-new-members#latest

Main page for the group (click on "Join" to be able to post!)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

The team chat threads are in the Discussions section. Stop on by!