Juice fast!

Options
Hi there! I know this has been done before...juice fast...

I am on my day 2 of a Juice Fast. Looking to jump start some weight loss and cleanse at the same time.

If anyone else is also on a juice fast or have done recently, it would be great to hear how you're getting on. Feel free to add me as a friend too.

I have found Day 1 quite easy. I was a bit hungry around lunchtime but this had subsided by the evening. Today feeling good. Am going to try and make it to the gym at lunchtime. Has anyone tried exercising whilst on a juice fast?

Lucy x

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    what does the juice fast involve?
    Just drinking loads of cordial / squash.
    And thats it, not eating anything, not drinking anything else?
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    It's pointless as it is not a sustainable and could be potentially harmful...especially if he would go nuts with the veggies and overdose on some vitamins.
  • lucys1982
    lucys1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont think you can overdose on vitamins, your body cant store them so will just get rid of the excess.

I am doing fruit juice and squash. Might juice some veggies this evening.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    haha I assumed from the title that a 'juice fast' was avoiding juice, which would be a sensible plan.. By the way, you can absolutely overdose on vitamins - vitamin C, A, D, E and K all have risk of toxicity - the fat soluble ones are stored in your body, Vitamin C would only be toxic at very high levels.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Water-soluble vitamins are eliminated with the urine but that's not all of them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_poisoning).

Even if it's unlikely you'll get vitamin poisoning, a juice fast doesn't do you any good. You'll lose weight because you're eating less than the recommanded amount, then gain it all back.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of mine, and I feel good! Yesteday I had a nasty headache but today is golden! Truthfully I find myself not hungry and I'm forcing myself to drink the juice which isn't good either. I'm doing mine strictly for detox and hopefully to 'reset' my taste buds. It's an experiment, really. Just to see if I can do it.

I'm blogging about it so check it out if you want:

monikacz.blog.com

Thanks!