Difficulty eating

What to do when healthy food aversions happen?

Sometimes can only stomach pre-cooked/pre-processed foods. No craving for healthy foods, especially cold ones like fruit.

Replies

• nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Do you like any healthy foods? Could you try making a healthier version of an unhealthy favorite food?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    What type of foods do you mean?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    Huh?

There are lots of healthy cooked foods. Even processed foods are not The Devil, if you use them to hit sensible nutrition goals. (Processed foods can have protein, healthy fats, fiber, micronutrients.)

Nutrition is a matter of Tetris-ing whatever foods you enjoy to get enough protein, healthy fat, fiber, and micronutrients, with a sensible calorie goal, most days. The idea that some foods are "healthy" and others "bad" can be an unhelpful tangent. Just eat what you enjoy, review your diary to see where your overall nutrition could use some love, and gradually tweak your intake (using other foods you enjoy) to get the necessary macronutrients and micronutrients.

You'll be fine.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Are you saying that you don't like the taste of raw fruits and vegetables? And, only enjoy them when cooked?
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member

Nutrition is a matter of Tetris-ing whatever foods you enjoy to get enough protein, healthy fat, fiber, and micronutrients, with a sensible calorie goal, most days.

Ha!! I’ve never known anybody besides my sister and me who uses “Tetris” as a verb! 😂👍🏻

• juninjan
    juninjan Posts: 4 Member
    thanks all!