Anyone else got the same goals?

Options
Hi everyone! This could turn into a bit of a rant so apologies in advance...I'm 5'7" and 144lbs. I'm not overweight. Not even near been overweight and never have been. However, I'm a good 10lbs heavier than my 'usual' weight (the weight I was for the last 4 years, ignoring the past 6 months). I'm posting here to find anyone who has the same goals - I'm aiming to get under 140lbs to start with then aiming for 133lbs. It's just that I find a lot of people turn to me and say 'you don't need to lose any weight, there's nothing to you'. This includes friends, family, doctor. Well, there blatantly is something to me because those favourite jeans and dresses I was wearing 6 months ago won't do up. It's not that they just look bad, I literally can't do the zip up. So that's why I'm here. Not because I need to lose weight, but because I want to. I'm not aiming for an unhealthy weight, I don't want to be skinny. I just can't afford to replace my wardrobe!! If anyone is in the same boat, would be great to hear from you!

Replies

• candicestrunk
    Options
    you need to do whats right for you, people who are bigger than you will always tell you that you have nothing to loose, if your not at your norm, you have to find a way back, not everyone will understand that
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5"5 (or 5"4, never know what 165 cm is!) and was 142 lbs before I started on here. I do not NEED to lose weight but I know I'd feel more comfortable at 125/130. I certainly don't want to be skinny! I want to lose body fat and get fitter... I wasn't doing any exercise before and my "curves" were mostly fat and cellulite. They still are but at least I'm working on it. You can add me as a friend if you want! :)
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi,

same here. I am 133lbs at the moment and want to go back to the 125lbs I had before I skipped martial arts and running due to stress and lazyness. I am 5"3 and I don't want to be skinny either, just building up my muscles and feeling fit again. People continue to tell me that I don't need to loose weight too, so I know the feeling.

I am abroad at the moment, but will be back in two weeks. So at the moment I just do some gymnastics and try to watch my food intake, but back home I want to restart martial arts and hopefully some yoga classes.

Happy to stay in touch, if somebody likes to.