That is IT!!! I'm out....

Options
of excuses!

My little of book of excuses ranging from holidays.... illness... injury.... every possible reason to eat rubbish fatty foods, not exercise and not log my food I have come out with in the last two weeks! All previous progress has completely been undone!

However, I'm going to log my food today, re weigh in tomorrow and if anyone requires a well used book of excuses, i no longer require mine (fingers crossed).

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    of excuses!

My little of book of excuses ranging from holidays.... illness... injury.... every possible reason to eat rubbish fatty foods, not exercise and not log my food I have come out with in the last two weeks! All previous progress has completely been undone!

However, I'm going to log my food today, re weigh in tomorrow and if anyone requires a well used book of excuses, i no longer require mine (fingers crossed).

good for you!! be honest and log mistakes or cheats too. its the only way.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great post.! We all have the excuses don't we? It took me a long time to finally buckle down and count calories. I knew that I needed to.. but, then I would have to stop eating some of these wonderful foods that I like so much.! Portion control?? Not really my thing.. easier to NOT eat any of it ..than to try and control the portion.

Keep us posted. Good Luck.. I am sure you will do fantastic!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Get in there. Day one of the rest of your life, and all that!
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Yesterday i was naughty and wasn't going to log my apple pie and custard lol but thought nooo must do...if i keep making excuses its only me whos guna suffer!! So im with ya on the kickin the excuses to the curb!!!! Amen to that ;)
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Some days I've been driving home from work, getting close to the gym and my brain starts running through all the reasons why I can't go to the gym tonight. Anything from "I have some paperwork to do at home", "my arm is not 100% from some minor injury weeks ago" to "a rental computer game has just been delivered and I want to make sure I get my moneys worth out of the rental!"

I am much better at overriding that now though and I actually think the monthly cost of the gym helps. I have to get my moneys worth out of that and there will be times I genuinely do have to miss it through illness/injury or because I have social plans so I want to make sure I go as much as I can when I don't have a good reason not to.
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. While I am sticking to my food diet, I keep coming up with reasons why I can't excercise. I know I just need to jump in there and DO IT ALREADY!! Excellent post, its nice to hear that someone else is having the same struggles and working through it. Great post :smile:
  • mroger801
    Options
    Its great that you're getting back on the wagon. Hopefully the support of others in the MFP community will help you stay away from the book of excuses.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking 4 months ago, I new that my health was priority. 1 month after quitting I was back in the gym. My eating habits were already decent. I did weigh 191 lbs and 24% BF. I asked myself one question. "Do I want a better body." My answer was yes.

I started out eating my usual. And then MFP found Mr. I starred puttng in calories and started to cook "clean." Every time I felt myself faultering, I asked myself that question. My answer is always yes and it always turned my decision. Now I'm 12% BF and run 5k in 40.

Success is sweet.