What Motivates you to loose weight?

Options
Just wanna hear stories about what motivates you guys to loose weight? and how do you make yourself get up and do workout even when times are hard ?

Replies

• Page2777
    Options
    i think with me it is sheer bloody mindedness i have an xbox and i exercise on it every night and i think its because i dont have to travel anywhere its at home that actually makes me work harder because i dont have any excuses
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    threads on MFP that ask people what motivates them to lose weight... is what motivates me to lose weight.
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    threads on MFP that ask people what motivates them to lose weight... is what motivates me to lose weight.

well said^^
  • martina123321
    Options
    My son motivates me.

I also use the xbox to exercise. I live for my son, and want to see him grow up. I seriously need to shift the weight.

Past family illnesses caused by being over weight - i want to be the one to put an end to it all.

Look and feel sexy all over again- I need to find me again.

I am going to do, I have a long way to go. But thats just few of the things that motivate me xxxx
  • hstallings13
    Options
    honeslty, how much better I feel on the days that I do work out than the days that I am unable to. Not to mention all the really cute skinny clothes packed up in my closet that are calling my name :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    the mirror, clothes that stopped fitting, making sure im there for my wife and daughter, being able to move without being exhausted etc. You really have to keep your goal in front of you and when you feel lazy just try to do a little and you'll probably do alot
  • haileemou
    Options
    Bottom line scuse the pun! I want to fit any clothes i want! I want to feel skinny!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    All the above motivates me when I'm in the zone, but when I go off track, accountability motivates me. I do bootcamp 3 times a week, and even when I'm 'having a bad week' I don't miss bootcamp, because I pick up a friend on the way and see friends there. I feel like they'll question my not showing up, and that makes all the difference when I'm having a bad week!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Well simply being a hopeless romantic I can't image being fat and seduce my fiance.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Even though I've been a runner for nine years, a few years ago I went through menopause and I gained around 20 pounds practically over night. I was horrified but couldn't seem to drop the weight. My metabolism had slowed way down and even though I was running more than ever because I started doing ultra distances, I needed to change what I was doing. I found MFP about four months ago. Since getting on this site, I have dropped 20 pounds and am almost at my goal weight. I feel so much better and look terrific now. The bonus is, since I am lighter, I am running faster!! I will be a "lifer" on this site because I never want to feel like I felt when I had the extra weight on. I realize I didn't have to lose as much as a lot of people, but take it from me, once you start looking and feeling better, you don't want to go back!! :drinker:
  • Pancake86
    Options
    My skinny jeans, i hang them up and try them on every week......there to tight at moment but i will slip nicely into them one day ;)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Me. It's terrible thing for me to say but I am terrified of EVER being fat again. I think I'm far too attractive now to ever go back to those days. Besides I loved myself enough to lose the weight, why would I go back to the negative days?
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    honeslty, how much better I feel on the days that I do work out than the days that I am unable to. Not to mention all the really cute skinny clothes packed up in my closet that are calling my name :)

Haha thats a good one :) ill probably try it myself :P
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My skinny jeans, i hang them up and try them on every week......there to tight at moment but i will slip nicely into them one day ;)

yeah i also have this jeans i used to fit in when i lost some weight at one point for my besties wedding.. and now that I've gained more weight then before i started loosing weight the last time, that i think will be also my motivation to try getting into them again. :) you just gave me a great IDEA! thanks :) x
  • Shelleyld
    Options
    What motivates me to lose weight is that i don't want to be old and fat. i still want to be active and doing loads of stuff when older instead of just sitting on the sofa watching as my *kitten* gets fatter. and it's better for mental health:smile:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    A few reasons:
    -My girl. She is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I want to look the best I can for her
    -My desire to not look like my family, who is very obese, and suffers from heart problems, hypertension, and cholesterol problems
    -Above all, myself
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    Quite simply put, death motivates me.

When I read about the effect of obesity related illnesses, I feel I don't need to give the aging process a head start.

I read an interesting article about the causes of Cancer. Cancer is caused by flaws or damage to genes. As we pass through life, we do things that alter our genes. It happens constantly; sometime by exposure, sometimes just by being alive. One of the things that struck me is that ever couple of weeks that we live as obese people, we damage our genes. That's mind boggling to me, that we do damage to our genome ever couple of weeks just by being morbidly overweight.

In men, the leading kind of obesity related illness is cardiac disease followed by cancer. In women, it's the opposite.

That and the mirror. Who doesn't want to look good.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Growing older, feeling aches and pains that weren't there before and have no reasonable explanation, wanting to live longer to see my children grow up.

Seeing a better image in the mirror.