Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.
Protein?! Am I going to lose muscle?
If I don't eat enough protein will I lose muscle? Like today I have walked around 25000 steps that includes a 4mile jog. When my fitbit connects my exercise with myfitnesspal the amount of protein goes up. Today I have had 101g of protein, but myfitnesspal says I need another 70g! And that's either 3 more shakes or 3 more meals! And I'm full! I'd be sick! Today has been quite an exceptional day though as I have never run so far and I don't tend to run on days I work. And I haven't eaten as much as usually would, but I don't really hit my protein goal when it adjust my exercise and I'm worried I am not losing weight but muscle. I hope that makes sense!
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 379.5K Introduce Yourself
- 41.6K Getting Started
- 256.7K Health and Weight Loss
- 173.8K Food and Nutrition
- 46.9K Recipes
- 230.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 205 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.2K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.6K Success Stories
- 151K Motivation and Support
- 6.8K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 95.7K Chit-Chat
- 2.4K Fun and Games
- 110 MyFitnessPal Information
- 14 News and Announcements
- 45 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 51 MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions