Belly Fat

Options
Hi All....My name is Mini and I am new to this website...This site has helped me out on keeping a track of the calories that I consume everyday..well its quite helpful but I really need help in losing my belly fat!! I walk for almost 1 hour everyday as that's the only possible exercise that i can do in between my busy schedules of work and studies!! Can anyone help me out...give me suggestions to lose my belly fat?? :-(

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    Eat in a deficit and exercise, you can't spot reduce but as time goes by your body will lose fat everywhere...so just be patient and consistent
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Try walking with jogging intervals, higher calorie burn, good luck!
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Mini, I have the exact same problem. Jogging/running a little during your walks may help plus doing some sit ups and an exercise a Physio gave me was to go down on all fours. Trying to keep your back straight imagine a piece of string between your tummy buttona and your back and try to draw it up towards your back. Work up to being able to keep your tummy tight for 30 seconds and then 60 seconds.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Best thing to do is do both cardio & strength training exercises concentrated more in ab toning. For busy people like you, there are plenty of exercises that you can do at your work, walk more while in the office & if possible use the stairs. We burn fat from all parts of our body & there is one particular part of our body wherein its fat is the last thing we will burn so its why there exists certain body shapes. In my case my problem area used to be my hips, thighs and butt but now since I lost so much weight & worked out more my upper body through intense strength training, my body now looks more balanced.
  • candicestrunk
    Options
    hi my name is candice! iv been struggling to loose weight since last year, slow progress but im almost there iv gone from 210lbs to 170lbs still have 20lbs to go and needing all the inspriation i can get!
  • joditenzer
    Options
    Try crunches...alot of them. As others have said, you can't spot reduce, but strengthening your ab muscles will help burn. I have the same problem after 2 children, and it's a hard area to get rid of!