Had anyone tried any other fitness programs along with MFP?

Hi everyone, has anyone tried any other programs along with MFP? I'm on the metabolic renewal program at the moment so I was wondering if anyone else has found an app or program that goes well with MFP.

Replies

• bonekd12
    bonekd12 Posts: 6 Member
    No, I haven't. I bounce back and forth onto MFP from time to time and feel at the moment it's enough, at least for counting calories, accountability, and shedding body weight. I don't know what the metabolic renewal program is, but take what works and leave the rest.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    To my knowledge, people do all sorts of things from Stronglifts 5x5 to the plethora of Home fitness DVDs (or Streaming-on-demand services) that have their own innate fitness programs and diet plans, and just use MFP to track calories and macros.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    For fitness, meaning exercise? Yes. MFP doesn't do that at all.

For weightloss? No. I'm not interested in any level of rigidity or restriction beyond a calorie count. I know my brain. I will absolutely go all in on a 'program', get obsessive and kill it - for maybe 6 months or a year. After that I'll be done.

I don't get to be 'done' with not eating too much.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited May 2021
    I went looking for something like MFP when I realized I needed to find a permanent weight management solution instead of a diet to lose weight.

I first hit normal weight about 5 years ago...
  • Spitfire20003
    Spitfire20003 Posts: 4 Member
    The metabolic renewal program is for women. They help you find your body type and teach you how to keep yourself healthy while have a fit life.
  • DeterminedDivaMN
    DeterminedDivaMN Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2021
    Pahla B’s 5-0 and DDPY (alternating days)
  • Ara_the_halfelven
    Ara_the_halfelven Posts: 19 Member
    I started with nerd fitness, it covers everything from teaching about nutrition to giving an exercise program. It was what got me started in body building. Now I use Habitica. Still a nerd you see!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Nope, started here. It worked. I stayed. I do try different workout programmes. At the moment Garmin coach for running (just started) and Reddit recommended routine for strength.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Hi everyone, has anyone tried any other programs along with MFP? I'm on the metabolic renewal program at the moment so I was wondering if anyone else has found an app or program that goes well with MFP.

I’ve never heard of that plan before. What do you have to do on it? 💕💕
  • Spitfire20003
    Spitfire20003 Posts: 4 Member
    It's an exercise program and a meal plan to help balance your hormones based on your hormone type.

I don't follow the diet and modify half the moves but I'm losing inches and feeling better everyday.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    I practice Intermittent Fasting and track with MFP. Actually was doing IF alone but felt like I needed to start tracking to see more results. Being in my late 40’s is so hard compared to those younger days.
  • Highmtnlady68
    Highmtnlady68 Posts: 19 Member
    Move Ollie for some fitness, Pinterest for recipes, Pokémon Go for walking and de stressing.
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 87 Member
    I use My Run Keeper. It has a lot of different activities programmed in and it syncs right to here so I get my calories burned added quickly