30 Day Shred?

Options
For those who have done the 30 DS or are currently doing it, did you do 30 consecutive days or did you skip the dvd and do cardio only on certain days or just takle a day off here and there?

Replies

• xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I want to know too, I started off well but now in 10 days i have skipped 2!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Level 3 tomorrow and I have done the 30 DS every day without a break since I started. Some days I do it more than once and even did it back to back once. One day I did it three times (depends how much energy I have that day!).
  • moon_light10
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd round of it
    when I did it the first time, I had a day off each week, and didnt see any results,
    this time round I am on L1 D8 (doing it every day) and I have already lost 3"
  • seashell5
    Options
    what is this 30 day shred iv never herd about it? ;-)
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I aim to do it 5 days a week but I also run 3 times a week and do karate twice a week. I just found that I couldn't fit it in on my karate days. Do what works best for you but you get quicker results if you aim to do 5-7 days a week. I think I'd get fed up with it doing it every day though.

Although I have only lost 3.5 lb I have lost inches doing it 5 times a week. I suppose it depends on how much other exercise you do.
  • moon_light10
    Options
    what is this 30 day shred iv never herd about it? ;-)

Its a Jillian Michaels exercise dvd, 3 levels, and u do each level for 10 days
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    First time I did it, I did 30 days straight. No rest days (I mean it is only 20 minutres!). I lost 14.5 pounds and 8.75 inches that month!

Now I do 5-6 days, 1 day rest.

Good luck!
  • seashell5
    Options
    arr cool im goint to try it i have her blast the fat dvd and its amazing thanks ;-)
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I do it 5 days and rest on weekends because it is hard to fit it in during those days. I walk/jog or ride my bike on those days though.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I get sooooooooooooo bored of listening to her say the same thing over and over.......in the end I always give up. but the best I have done is 14 days in a row.

:flowerforyou:
  • hosegirl
    Options
    I do it M-F and cardio on the weeknds. The weekends are so full of things to do already. It is also took me a while to all the moves down . My goal was to learn the excercise before moving to the next level. I think that is best. You can move tot he next level but if you haven't gotten the excercise down how good will it be?
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a slacker when I take days off. Got to keep on working on the self dicipline and remember it takes work to make a difference.

Another question. I dont have access to hand weights so im using water bottles. Could i use those little weighted balls instead? I imagine it would be hard getting a grip lol
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Every day!!
  • damonbrodie
    Options
    I started the shred 9 days ago and have done it every day. I'm also doing karate twice a week and a 45 minute circuit training routine once per week. I'm starting to notice a difference. My plan is to keep focused on this routine until I reach my goal weight and then switch into a maintenance routine.
  • laurih
    Options
    Perhaps I'm just old, but I can't do it everyday—I always end up with a sore achilles and overworked knees! I would like to do it every day, I really would. Sigh…
  • kate8085
    Options
    I am on L3 and on day 26. I have a skipped a couple of days here and there just because of life/work getting in the way. During Level 1, I used cans of black beans for my weights. For Level 2 and 3 I finally bought some cheapie 2 lb hand weights from Target. I haven't done any other workouts, but planning on doing Zumba along with my next round of shred. It seems that the best results I have seen (from other people) have been when they add a 20-40 min cardio session daily to the Shred. I am really happy with my results so far, I have lost 5 lbs and tons of inches. It motivates me when I look at my before picture next to pics I took at the completion of Level 1 and Level 2. Its an awesome workout with amazing results, you can do it!
  • kelfly
    kelfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I borrowed this DVD from a friend to check it out (haven't watched it yet). I currently do a circuit training (major co-ed workout that also mixes in cardio) 2 evenings a week, and a low-impact aeoribics/fitness class 2 nights a week. Weekends are pretty much out of the picture for 'exercise' although I do a lot of activity... If I add the shred to my weekday evenings that I don't go to a formal class, and maybe a couple of morning before I go to work, would I be over doing it? Maybe do it on the days I participate in the low impact fitness rather than the circuit? Since it is only 20-25 minutes, I guess I could drag myself out of bed early! Seems like in the past the fitness experts said you need a day off between strength training, etc. but maybe that's not the case anymore since this seems like an everyday workout?
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and am doing it again this month. I do 30 days, straight, no breaks. I did Bootcamp for a day between rounds of 30DS (boring!).

For the poster who asked about weighted balls - you will not really be able to keep using them when you get to level 3 because there is a plank exercise that requires you to use the weights - you'll be doing rows and leg lifts while holding the weights. I can't really explain it very well, but, basically, you will want something dumbell shaped because you are going to need to have your fingers underneath the weight while the weight is on the floor. Check out this link and how the woman is holding the weights: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/plank-row-and-leg-lift
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and am doing it again this month. I do 30 days, straight, no breaks. I did Bootcamp for a day between rounds of 30DS (boring!).

For the poster who asked about weighted balls - you will not really be able to keep using them when you get to level 3 because there is a plank exercise that requires you to use the weights - you'll be doing rows and leg lifts while holding the weights. I can't really explain it very well, but, basically, you will want something dumbell shaped because you are going to need to have your fingers underneath the weight while the weight is on the floor. Check out this link and how the woman is holding the weights: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/plank-row-and-leg-lift

Thanks so much for the info. Guess ill have to order them online x.x
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started out planning to do consecutive days but found that my muscles got so fatigued by like day 4 and weren't recovering.( I was using 5 lb weights -that's what I have) I'm going to mix it in with other workouts and alternate back and forth from level 1 and 2, so I work different muscles.