Covid/GradSchool over 50/Struggling teen and tween

Options
angelacgildner
angelacgildner Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi
Between grad school and covid I'm heavier than I've been anytime in my life except pregnancy. I tried Noom but all the articles and such were just one more thing to feel bad I didn't accomplish in a day.
I used to run using Map My Run so I thought this was a good way to get back into taking care of myself.

I'll be 53 next month. I'm the parent of a 14 yo boy and 11 yo girl. My husband is a musician and voiceover artist with a small recording studio. I'm in school to get my MSW. I've been part time since 2018 but went full-time this spring (which was not such a good idea.)

I Iike to spend time outdoors but need to find a new activity or goal to make me interested in working out again. I'm open to suggestions.

Angela

Replies

• justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela,
    I'm in my late 40's with three kiddos. I can relate to the high weight being close to pregnancy weight -- that's me now as well. Life is full with work and family. I've used food, overeating, dining out, as my main form of relaxation and entertainment. Time to change gears. That's why I'm here. Glad to be here with you.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Is there a physical activity that you can do with your tweens?
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. My suggestion would be to not overthink it and make small goals. Like logging "religiously" for two weeks. Weighing your food really helps keep you honest. And what about just walking but maybe listen to an audio book or podcast while you do it. It makes the time fly by! Don't beat yourself up but plan on doing this for a while. Slow and steady is the. best way! Send me a friend request if you want support! I'm a 55 mom of two college students!
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am a single, 54 year old mom of a 14 year old boy and two grown children out of the house. I agree with @Tblackdogs. Slow and steady, small goals. One thing at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a busy woman and can only do so much. You would be surprised how much just weighing and honestly logging your food will help. Walking is how I started out years ago and built up to running and weights. You may even be able to get your kids to walk with you :)