Third Floor Apartment workouts?

Options
Are there any DVD workouts that would be suitable for living in a third floor apartment? I'm not trying to fall down through my neighbors ceiling and don't particularly want to be thumping constantly to the point of being rude. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    what about squats and sit-ups? oh sorry, I missed the DVD part.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    any type of work out dvd is going to cause you to jump around and make some noise. i usually don't care if my upstairs neighbor make noise, as long as they start and stop at a reasonable hour.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kettle Bells are great! I really enjoy Kettle Worx. I need to get back at that workout.
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a good workout and there isnt too much jumping involved. I do it in a room directly above the living room and downstairs cannot really here anything. :)
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred and the only jumping is ~2 min of jumping jacks, 2 min a day will probably not bother your neighbors, and jumping jacks aren't that high impact anyways. This is the only dvd I've tried so far, I'm sure someone else will have more information!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Yoga :bigsmile:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    P90X does have some jumping around, but they do emphasise quiet landing to avoid impact... you'd also be doing it on a proper mat, so that should minimise noise.
  • Lecypage
    Options
    living on the third floor apartment is pretty much a good enough workout for me by itself :D
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Are there stairs in your apartment building? I would say, take the stairs as often as you can, a few times up and down the stairs at a fast pace is excellent exercise. Also, Kundalini Yoga DVD would be a good workout, not the usual aerobic exercise, but it gives you a decent workout and is quiet.
  • coffeebydesign
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so quickly! While living on the third floor can be a workout sometimes, I will have to check out the 30 day shred and Yoga. I noticed that goron59 mentioned doing P90X on a proper mat...I'm assuming this is similar to a padded yoga mat?

Hadn't really thought about kettle bells, I will have to check that out as well.