Dressing rooms....(Motivation)

Options
Has anyone ever felt so confident that you had the courage to face a dressing room mirror only to be completely floored by the reflection in a negative way? That happened to me yesterday, it was so bad I left and didn't even buy any clothes. My boyfriend was confused by it but did his best to understand and help which he did. I just can't kick that feeling, why is it so horrible?

Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    Has anyone ever felt so confident that you had the courage to face a dressing room mirror only to be completely floored by the reflection in a negative way? That happened to me yesterday, it was so bad I left and didn't even buy any clothes. My boyfriend was confused by it but did his best to understand and help which he did. I just can't kick that feeling, why is it so horrible?

Anyone else feel this way?

You are quite hard on yourself...
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dressing room mirrors are made to make you look horrible i think. No matter how good i feel about myself that day i end up feeling down if i have to stand infront of one.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Take him in with you - my wife does!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! especially the dressing rooms where there are mirrors to see the back of you! eeuuggghh my *kitten* i swear is bigger than Kim Kardashians in one of those and nothing looks right!!!

best advice is to take your girls with you, bring heels and get in a big open dressing room where you arent surrounded by circus mirrors!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    I am hard on myself because I had an eating disorder for the past 10 years that I am really trying to get over. Facing all the things you avoided though because of an eating disorder is hard sometimes!

OH, Thanks for the advice! I will have to remember to bring heels, I ended up defaulting to shoes last night and told my boyfriend the reason I love shoes so much is all you have to pick is a number and shoes normally fit just right! :)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i hate dressing rooms! they make me look flubby and nothing suits me! i am flubby but hey no reason to make my confidence plummet!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    i hate dressing rooms! they make me look flubby and nothing suits me! i am flubby but hey no reason to make my confidence plummet!

I agree completely! The only dressing rooms I love are the Koals ones here in Edmond. They redid them so they are all big and the lighting is VERY flattering! :)