Angry with Myself :(

Options
So I was doing really great with my weight loss--lost 16 pounds, was doing the 30DS...until everything happened and I fell off the proverbial cliff. My ankle started hurting, so I took off from the 30DS before I killed it. Then I took another day off from the 30DS to fully recuperate. Then I got sick, and the last thing I wanted to do while I was sick was exercise and measure my food. So I took a week off. Then as soon as I got better, I had some stomach issue hit me (still not sure what it was) that left me unable to even get off the couch without pain. Seeing as I could hardly get up to get my own food, I didn' t measure my food or exercise. I couldn't even stand for 5 minutes without the pain. A week after the pain has gone, I am struggling to get back on track. Yes, I know I made a mistake. But how do I get motivated to get back on the bandwagon? What's even more frustrating is that I have so much to do at work that I've been working through my lunches and taking work home with me in the evening, so then I can't even walk in the evening, because it's pitch dark out with the sun setting earlier. And I struggle getting up early to exercise, since I only get 6 hours of sleep to begin with and I need 9 to function at my best.

I tend to do fairly well all day and then I get home, and by bedtime I'm hungry or just depressed and I'll eat a brownie or a bowl of cereal putting me over my calorie goal and I don't even have exercise to make up for it.

I don't know if I just need encouragement or ideas, but I need something. Can anybody help me get back on track??

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone falls off from time to time! What you really need to do is step back and 'reset'; take a new look at where you want to be, and how you're gonna get there.

It wouldn't be life without a few set-backs! Now is the time to really show everyone what you're made of! :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I find the best thing for me to serious meal planning. I make a bunch of stuff on sunday so I always have good stuff ready to eat. Also, I bring tons of healthy stuff to work with me.

As for your late night snacks, maybe try something like a vita-top which might satisfy your chocoalte craving and is only 100 cals.

With exercise, do what you can. I know it is hard when you are swamped with work, but you need to find twenty minutes to go for a jog or fast walk. Yes it's dark outside. Yes, it's late/early. Doesn't matter. If you do it for 3 weeks, it will become just another part of your day and will be easier and easier.

Good luck! Stay positive!
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's all about motivation, who are you losing weight for? Yourself or someone else? YOU are the only real motivation you need is because if you DON'T have it then you will never try. Pretty much if you cannot bring yourself to do it for you, and make yourself feel good about you, (the keyword here is YOU) then you will follow the same path you are already on.

We all go through it eventually, just do not be so quick to throw in the towel on yourself. You are worth more than that.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone falls off from time to time! What you really need to do is step back and 'reset'; take a new look at where you want to be, and how you're gonna get there.

It wouldn't be life without a few set-backs! Now is the time to really show everyone what you're made of! :)

Great advice! We do all 'fall off' here and again. "If i was perfect, I'd be boring"
  • mrsframer
    mrsframer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know just where you are coming from. Quit being so hard on yourself. Remember to put your needs first sometimes and sticking to your resolve is one of those needs. Maybe instead of walking because its too dark out look for something else you might enjoy for a change. Try a workout dance video you can do at home, or head to an indoor track (lots of arenas have these and they are usually free). Good luck.
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I did much better today!! :)