Hello everyone, You don't know it but...

Options
I have been with you about ten days. I figured I would do something for me since I just fully retired and now have the time I did not have before. I had gained about 25 pounds I do not need and do to a hip replacement my leg had lost muscle strength.

I went on line and found this to help keep track of my food. Just having to log it made me realize what I did eat and then when to STOP.:embarassed:

I have been sticking at no more than 1,200 calories and then added a membership to Bally's Health CLub. I have already dropped about ten pounds. Thank you:happy:
Barb S

Replies

• BoxerLady
    Options
    I have been with you about ten days. I figured I would do something for me since I just fully retired and now have the time I did not have before. I had gained about 25 pounds I do not need and do to a hip replacement my leg had lost muscle strength.

I went on line and found this to help keep track of my food. Just having to log it made me realize what I did eat and then when to STOP.:embarassed:

I have been sticking at no more than 1,200 calories and then added a membership to Bally's Health CLub. I have already dropped about ten pounds. Thank you:happy:
    Barb S
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!:flowerforyou:

Way to go on the 10 lbs already!:drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I lurked for a while, too.
    keep up the good work!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Ten lbs already, thats fabulous. I joined on February 17 and I have found MFP to be extremely helpful in losing the weight I've lost so far. Good Luck!
  • BoxerLady
    Options
    Lauramg
    received your post. Be proud and Keep up the good work, I know only too well what work it is to lose weight. In 1994 (?) I weighed 282. I lost 147 pounds. however, over the years I have put about 35 back on (that is what I am taking off now). Getting if off is SO worth it all. I could do things I couldn't or wouldn't do before. Shopping for cloths went from a job to fun. :happy: The best thing was my health. When I was at my heaviest, I had high and low Blood preasure to deal with and the meds for it. When the weight came off, the need for the meds ended, and everything went back to normal and have stayed there ever since.

I gained my weight after a divorce and stress eating. Now I try to practice more control and I truly enjoy my life now. Keep up your good work...:happy: