New here, no friends, and don't know how to use this app

Options
joshuabennett1893
joshuabennett1893 Posts: 38 Member
Hi, my name is Josh I'm 35 and am very out of shape. My daughter just turned 8 years old and I'm afraid of not being around to see her grow up. So I divided to join this and give my weight lose a real chance. Interested in any advice, would love to join a challenge or just make some friends on the same path as I am.

Replies

• bethg1422
    bethg1422 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi if you have a Fitbit you could join in on some walking challenges with us. That’s all I’m doing at the moment but need to step it up a bit
  • joshuabennett1893
    Options
    That sounds cool, I do have one. Are you using the Samsung health app
  • bethg1422
    bethg1422 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No I’m just using my Fitbit. What is your Fitbit user name?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Hi @joshuabennett1893,
    I saw that you created this "Challenge". The various categories (of which Challenge is but one) are worth perusing. They all contain discussions on topics of interest: health, fitness, nutrition, etc.

I don't know how much weight you want to lose, but you might find the Biggest Loser Challenge rewarding. They go month to month, so June will be opening up in a week or so. When you join, you get put on one of five teams. Each team has it's own discussion thread. You post your weight in your teams' thread on a weekly basis (on whatever day of the week you choose). They enter everyone's weight in a spreadsheet and announce the "biggest losers" weekly and monthly, for each team individually as well as for all teams combined. I've done it for several months now.
    For example, this is my team's thread for May, and this is the backing spreadsheet.
  • pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh, I’m 33 and my daughter is also 8. I’m partly here because she moves faster than me on walks 😬😬 I’ll add you as a friend! Best of luck to you, we can do this!
  • joshuabennett1893
    Options
    pabmac wrote: »
    Hey Josh, I’m 33 and my daughter is also 8. I’m partly here because she moves faster than me on walks 😬😬 I’ll add you as a friend! Best of luck to you, we can do this!

Thanks Boss,and you right we can do this