Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Salad dressing??

2»

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I like Newman's Own Light varieties, especially the Ginger Sesame one. One serving = 2 Tbsps but if my salad is small 1 Tbsp is enough.
    me too

I also put it on my salmon and broccoli
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    I'm living on Newman's Own light Balsamic. 45 Cal for two tablespoons (which is, incidentally, two caps full) and that's more than enough for at least 2 cups of lettuce. You can even get this stuff at McDonald's. It tastes wonderful, too.

Another salad tip I've found (just in case you're wondering) to replace bacon bits of bacos is chopped sun-dried tomatoes. They provide a nice, umami "meatiness" that can be lacking in all-veg salads.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Here is my recipe for my salad dressing:
    2T olive oil
    4T white wine vinegar
    2T lemon juice
    1T honey
    1T dijon mustard
    finely chopped shallot, small

I will use 1-2 tablespoons of this per person depending on the size of the salad.
    This will make a good amount of dressing, and it stays in the fridge for 7-10 days and it totally worth the 5 min. it takes to make versus using gross bottled lite dressings.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Bump :)
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    ... gross bottled lite dressings.
    One of the things I like about the Newman's Own is that it doesn't have a bunch of that fake-tasting alternative stuff. It just has less oil.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Kraft Fat Free Caesar Italian dressing is really good and not a "creamy" dressing!

I use this with a 1/2 serving of cottage cheese :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I like my salad naked, I'm just that kind of person. I do this by adding home made fruit salad to the dressing, the juice from the fruit will, in my opinion, act as a salad dressing, light and...fruity (obviously) and super delicious!

I posted and saw someone said cottage cheese, I'll use that, or a chicken/tuna salad on top for protein, and again, delicious and not need for dressing.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    squeeze a wedge of lime over the salad and I'm good to go
  • zta1989
    zta1989 Posts: 36 Member
    be sure to serve it on the side with your salads you will find that you will eat less that way instead of pouring it on your salad

This is an excellent tip and I always do this in restaurants. When I make salads at home, I measure out how much I'm putting on the salad. I love creamy dressings and to increase the amount of dressing without drastically increasing calories, I like to mix lite ranch dressing with salsa. I usually do 2 parts salsa to 1 part dressing. It gives it a little kick without a large amount of calories.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    I like to use Balsamic vinegars it's much more flavorful than cider vinegar so you don't need to use nearly as much also if you add in some garlic it magnifies all the other flavors in the salad already.

I find the secret to great salad is often to enjoy it at the right time you need to let the ingredients including your dressing mingle flavors but don't wait so long that it starts to get soggy.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    I use fresh pineapple juice or salsa on my salads, usually. Occassionally I go for the fat free ranch, or Italian.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    I don't think I would have lost any weight at all if it weren't for Ken's Caeser dressing lol. Not the fat free kind either =) I have at least one serving everyday.
  • Maple Groves Farms makes some great tasting fat free dressings my favorites are the raspberry vingerette and the creamy poppyseed, only 35 calories to 2 table spoons, they are thin dressings and when you measure the 2 spoon fulls out it goes a very long way covering salad!!! Have not had a bad dressing from this company!!!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    I found someone had posted this and I made it. It is sooo good! and you can get a whole 1/4 cup for 52 calories!! I always love getting more for less :smile:

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Servings: 13 • Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
    Calories: 52.3 • Fat: 2.0 g • Carbs: 5.5 g • Fiber: 0.0 g • Protein: 3.4 g • Sugar: 3.7 g
    Sodium: 288.8 mg

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup fat free sour cream
    3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/3 cup Hellman's light mayonnaise
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
    1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 tsp salt
    freshly ground pepper
    1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
    2 cups 1% low fat buttermilk

Directions:

In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, powder, onion powder, parsley, chives, salt, and cracked pepper. Mix well.

Stir in the white balsamic vinegar; then buttermilk.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    What I use on my salads might not be for the timid.... I use straight red wine vinegar with some italian dressing spices from Penzy Spices. Is fat-free and barely any calories. It might be an aquired taste, though.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Thousand Island is the only dressing I like and of course, one of the worst you can eat. I found Wishbone Light and it is 60 calories for 2 tbsp and it is SO good!!!! I don't really eat salads but like to dip various veggies in my dressing so I normally only eat 1-2 tbsp at a time.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    I am also a "salad shaker"! I don't like a ton of dressing, so I'll make a huge salad with chicken breast, lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, bell peppers, etc etc., add 1 T of dressing, maybe some fresh ground lemon pepper, and shake it all up. Yum!!
  • I like Kraft Light Catalina (reduced fat)- the serving size is 2 Tbsp= 50 cal
    but that's what I use for a 3 c. salad-
    generally I only use 1/2 that...

and often I'll mix the dressing in a small dish, add a small am't of lemon juice and/or vinegar to it- still has the same taste, but adds no more calories.