Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi all!

My name is Jennifer, but most people call me Jen. I have been on myfitnesspal.com for about a year now inconsistently. I never used more than just the food tracker with my Evo but now I am committed to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. So I thought joining the community could help in that aspect as well. I am in need of a countability partner. If anyone just wants to correspond now and then please feel free. I have a goal of 20 lbs by Christmas. And eventually 30 in total, nothing more than that. My issue is consistency and staying active on weekends. I have finally found an activity that I actually like to do and that's Zumba! Its the only workout (other than basketball) that I really look forward to and I feel great about that. Currently I work out 5 days a week with 3 days of Zumba. I just hope to keep this going. Sometimes its hard for me to find my own self motivation. Hopefully with some progress I will find that for myself.

Best of luck to everyone on their journey!

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello Jen!
    Congrats on making the commitment to go "all in" with your journey.
    I think that it's great that you realize accountability and support are key factors in success.
    I also think it is AWESOME that you find an activity that interests you and keeps you wanting to do it again.
    And...no, it's not just because I am a Zumba instructor (which I am :). I understand how finding an activity/exercise/hobby that you truly love will keep you engaged and motivated to continue. Zumba is amazing in that respect.

We are here for you and when you are in class (or if you do Zumba at home) shakin' it, think of me shakin' it somewhere too! (We can Zumba together, virtually :)

MC
  • Taydiamond
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Welcome to myfitnesspal. I'm Crystal. We all are here to help each other out. Best of luck on your journey to a healthier you.
  • kamcando
    kamcando Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jen! My name is Karen. This has been a great community and a great tool for me! I hope you find the consistency you are looking for. Add me to your friends list and I'll put in my 2 cents now and then. Good Luck!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I welcome you to fitnesspal, Jen!
    If you need support or a weightloss buddy feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck on your journey!