dinner - please help!! : )

Options
nortiekeeks
nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
So, as I enter my second week of being "back on track", I have run out of dinner ideas... Yeah, I know, already??!! haha...

Therefore I am looking for some quick and easy dinner suggestions for work week nights... Please help!

NOTE: Low carbs is a plus, though I'm not following any specific low carb "diet"... And I eat pretty light throughout my workday: for example, I just finished some oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch will most likely be a salad with grilled chicken. I also have a banana for snacking either this morning or this afternoon. (With peanut butter, yum), so dinner is usually my "bigger"meal of the day...

Also, I have been a picky eater for most of my life - only recently trying new things. And guess what? I've like pretty much everything I've tried, LOL. So, I am open to any and ALL suggestions!! (Just minus fish other than the white kinds and Swiss...don't think I'll ever like those, haha)

THANKS so much in advance!! :D

Replies

• vonnywaft
    Options
    If you like fish :- I like to take a salmon steak (per person) squeeze on a tsp lemon juice, a tsp olive oil, a sprinkling of fresh or dried dill, microwave on half power for 5-8 mins depending on size of steak. Meanwhile steam some veg (brocolli is good with salmon but whatever you like really) and boil a little potato or two et voila - dinner in under 20 mins!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Stir fried veggies (bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, onions...) either with chicken and soba noodles or in a folded omelette (2 whole and one white)
  • dddeans
    dddeans Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One of our favorites is PIZZA. Just get the premade dough (some have wheat), use very little sauce and get the weight watchers mozzarella cheese. Pile on the veggies, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives - pretty much any veggie you like. Works out to about 180 cals per slice, but you get lunch the next day too.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast strips. You can grill up some fresh ones if you want, or Tyson makes a good pre-cooked frozen chicken breast strip.

Add them to a whole wheat tortilla with some cheese and salsa (can also do things like lettuce, sour cream, etc etc... whatever fits your diet and tastes good), bake for a few minutes and enjoy
  • try BBC Good Food (magazine) website which has lots of recipes to look at for inspiration, and also skinnytaste.com, which lists lots of weight watcher recipes. I now have a folder full of ideas which I can pick from to keep my dinners different. Good luck
  • How about tomatoes stuffed with tuna, pine nuts, and capers....it's sounds kind of crazy but is delicious and filling!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How about a crock pot? There are so many meals out there to choose from. I use my crock for pot roast many nights-I buy the packet of seasoning for slow cookers. Many people really love salsa chicken-literally a few chicken breasts topped w/ your favorite salsa (I used picante sauce), shred & eat--you can wrap it in lettuce for a low carb wrap, use for taco meat, salads, ect.

You could make a batch of soup and eat on it all week.. Google Hungry Girl Soup-the 'whole chicken enchilada' is amazing-LOVE it!

Rotisserie chicken? Costco has BIG ones for $4.99. You could steam veggies to go w/ it.

Stir-fry? You can buy pre-cut beef or chicken, add whatever veggies & sauce.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Last night, I was craving confort food like chicken and rice soup. When I looked up the calories ect for just 1 cup I was shocked. So, I cooked some regular white rice, opened a can of Harris Teeter Sweet Peas and a can of Swanson 98% fat free white chicken breast packed in water. I put the entire can of chicken and broth in with the peas and heated to a gentle boil. So, for 278 calories, I had a half of cup of rice, a half of cup of sweet peas and 4 ounces of chicken. It was really good and satisfied my confort food craving but it may have too many carbs for your taste.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    My three absolute favorites are below. They are all great protein meals and low in carbs. The tuna is so quick. Start to finish about 10 minutes. Even if you forget to thaw it you can put it in water for about 10 minutes and voila ready to cook.

Ahi Tuna
    I buy the tuna from Sam's. They come individually sealed in 4 oz servings. Heat about a T. of olive oil in a pan. While heating lightly cover (not coat) with black and "white" seasame seeds. Put tuna in pan and sear to your desired temp. Slice thinly and eat with a small amount of lite (reduced sodium) soy sauce.

Rosemary Chicken
    I am just going to give you a link for my favorite chicken recipe. I trim chicken and make the marinade the day before. I have never tried to marinade longer than 30-40 minutes but I guess you could try to marinade in the am. It may be too long. I just had an aha moment . . . maybe you could marinade the night before, remove after prescibed time, and store for cooking the following day. I don't serve with the squash and apple salad.

www.perdue.com/recipes/details.asp?id=1085&title=Grilled Rosemary Chicken Breast with Butternut Squash and Apple Salad

Parm Pork Chops

Kraft makes this seasoning packet (it is new) that taste wonderful. Recipe at link below. One word of caution. I use chops on the thinner side and I always need to add a little time to their listed bake time. Not much though, because there is a fine line between enough and to much.

Enjoy!
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    Last night, I was craving confort food like chicken and rice soup. When I looked up the calories ect for just 1 cup I was shocked. So, I cooked some regular white rice, opened a can of Harris Teeter Sweet Peas and a can of Swanson 98% fat free white chicken breast packed in water. I put the entire can of chicken and broth in with the peas and heated to a gentle boil. So, for 278 calories, I had a half of cup of rice, a half of cup of sweet peas and 4 ounces of chicken. It was really good and satisfied my confort food craving but it may have too many carbs for your taste.

Progresso make a great line of "light" soups. Not homemade, but satisfies me and is tasty.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com for some ideas. I have made several of the recipes and only been disappointed once... which is a huge deal for me! I made her tuna noodle casserole last night and it was FABULOUS.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Check out hungrygirl.com

Great website with health tips & meals for one - two people :)
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ahi Tuna
    I buy the tuna from Sam's. They come individually sealed in 4 oz servings. Heat about a T. of olive oil in a pan. While heating lightly cover (not coat) with black and "white" seasame seeds. Put tuna in pan and sear to your desired temp. Slice thinly and eat with a small amount of lite (reduced sodium) soy sauce.

I LOVE the ahi tuna from Sam's! So easy to cook up, and good with a salad - easiest dinner ever! :wink:
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Grab some tin foil and put everything in there! We make packets out of everything. I've put our favorite pork chop packet below. You can cook them on the grill or in the oven. And use your imagination! Try all sorts of sauces and proteins, veggies! They're so filling - no need for rice, potatoes or any other carb! Feel free to message me if you want more of the recipes!

Good luck!
    Jeannine

Easy Pork Chop Packets

Prep/Cook Time: 15-20 mins(grill)

Ingredients:
    4 boneless pork chops
    1 can non-fat cream of mushroom soup
    2 Tbsp soy sauce
    1 medium green pepper, sliced
    1 medium onion, sliced (opt)

Directions: (1 pork chop per packet!)
    spray foil with cooking spray
    1) center pork chop on foil, sprinkle with
    2) mix soup(undiluted) and soy sauce, spoon over pork chops
    3) top with pepper slices (and onion optional)
    4) bring up foil sides, fold together
    5) leave room for steam
    6) bake or place on grill

Bake: 450˚ oven 25-30 minutes