Fitness class...question

Options
Hi all...so 2x a week I wake up all extra early and attend a 1/2 hour "Commando/Boot Camp" class. The exercise varies from day to day...we do stairs, weights, lots of crunches, streaches etc. It kicks my butt every time, so I know I am getting a good work out, but I have NO idea how to classify it, and NO idea how many calories I am burning. When we do stairs I can find that in the list, but when we are working with weights I can't figure out how to add it to my exercise....anyone have a suggestion?

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi all...so 2x a week I wake up all extra early and attend a 1/2 hour "Commando/Boot Camp" class. The exercise varies from day to day...we do stairs, weights, lots of crunches, streaches etc. It kicks my butt every time, so I know I am getting a good work out, but I have NO idea how to classify it, and NO idea how many calories I am burning. When we do stairs I can find that in the list, but when we are working with weights I can't figure out how to add it to my exercise....anyone have a suggestion?

Everyone is going to tell you to get a Heart Rate Monitor. But, I can just tell you that I do a very similar class but we go hard for 60 minutes. I burn between 575 Cals and 650 at any given class.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Short of getting a heart rate monitor, you could just classify it as circuit training.
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I also do bootcamp twice a week and I always log it as "circuit training". You could also get a HRM if you want to be more accurate on the calories burned.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor has worked for me. I bought one for $75, and totally worth it. No more guessing how many calories I've burned.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    sounds a lot like the 30 day shred, which i log as circuit training
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I do not use a heart rate monitor (yet), and I tend to log various classes under General Aerobics. There are classifications for general, light and heavy - so I tend to choose the one that I feel fits that's days exercises the best...
  • silver97rwa
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but I bought a HRM and Im so happy with it.....I had started doin INSANITY work outs and I didnt know how much I burned so I guessed 300....turns out I burned 560 calories which kinda made me happy and every body weight is gunna burn calories slower or faster...I just found I got the most accurate measurement worth the investment trust me!