My 216 Days to Christmas Challenge - Anybody with me?

Options
I have spent the day reading success stories for hours, I decided to set myself a goal. I signed up with MFP weighing 361 pounds 14 days ago. I have bought a new scale. I have bought a food scale. I have met with a dietician and I have signed up for a healthy cooking class. I have bought a measuring tape and I have taken pictures. Both sober.

I have been logging my food every day (only skipped once when I fell asleep.)

Babysteps or longterm goal?
I love Christmas. It's my favorite Holiday. I have a 2X sweater still with tags in the closet. I never fit in.
The first weigh-in is 5 days on Friday. I am anxious to see how I have done.

I am challenging myself to lose 75 by Christmas.

According to a weightloss program:

In order to lose 75 pounds in 216 days, you will need to reduce your daily calorie intake from your normal maintenance level of 2717 calories per day, down to 1502 calories per day, or exercise more to boost your calorie burn rate by about 1215 calories per day. A calorie differential of 500 calories a day is equivalent to a 1 pound per week change in weight.

It sounds reasonable and doable for someone my size.

Anybody with me in the Christmas Challenge. Maybe on the sideline cheering or booing?

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I believe if you stay determined and committed and disciplined, you absolutely can reach your goal!!

Keep posting updates here and I am sure you’ll find many of us cheering you on!
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That’s so great! It sounds like you are very motivated and ready to accomplish your goals! I’ve used MFP very successfully twice now (the second time was to lose pregnancy weight), so I can attest that counting calories and weighing your food works! I’m glad you took pictures and measurements at the start, I definitely regret not doing that. Feel free to add me as a friend!