Want to support each other?

Options
Hi all!

TL;DR - I have to take back my health, but I have let my son's major health issues and our general busy life take over and I am handling it badly. Feel free to add me if this post calls to you.

Coles notes:
- I have been on this journey for many years, but recently I have allowed myself to get to the heaviest I have ever been, and it is starting to take a toll on my health.
- I am married with 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. My husband works long hours but does as much as he can to help. The older boy has serious health issues that involve appointments, hospital visits and stays, and general behavioural stress every day. The younger one is just 2, so although he can walk and run, he dawdles on walks so I can't really count time with him as exercise.
- The emotional stress from my older son's situation has ballooned in the last year (combined with COVID lockdowns etc), and I have continually allowed myself to stress-eat to deal with the craziness.

I need to get my health and life back, even in small ways. Not looking for someone to have to check in and "keep me accountable" - I know that accountability comes only from within me. Just looking for friends that understand how crazy life can get, maybe that have children with issues of their own, anyone who wants to just keep in touch and help each other emotionally when needed. Everyone has their own challenges, and I am just looking for a little "life support" while we ride this coaster together.

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    This is a good place to do all that--Welcome!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It's hard being a busy mama, and it's even harder when your son requires so much of your time and emotions. It's so easy to lose ourselves. Good for you for trying to regain some control. My sons were 18 months apart, and the younger had his own issues when he was younger that kept me very busy. I started doing workouts at home, even if they had to be in the room with me. They could watch me do TurboFire or zumba exercises in the living room, and when I started kickboxing, they would ask to join in. Totally understand how crazy it is, and I hope you can find that balance.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    It's important when life gets crazy to make that time for YOU!! I know I struggle to do that!! The race of life keeps us running!! You are an incredibly strong woman to juggle what's on your plate!! You Can Do This!!