Not losing after cutting calories and exercising

Options
I have cut 850 to 1000 calories a day , eating about 1200 to 1300 daily , I started this in Feb 2021.. I am logging all food I put in my mouth, bought a scale and weighing all meats and cheeses, even down to a mint that i put in my mouth..not losing weight.

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Weight? height? acitivty? 1200 is low
  • raeannhuf
    raeannhuf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My weight is 263, 5'3"..age 45.. I burn 300 to 600 calories a day exercising, I do aqua zumba 2 or 3 days a week, weight lifting 2 days and I try to walk at least a mile a day, I started the Monday after the super bowl in Feb and have lost 28 lbs, eating 1250 to 1300 , I usually have 300 to 500 calories left over at the end of the day
  • raeannhuf
    Options
    I haven't dropped a pound in over a week.
  • BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How often are you eating *anything*? I’m talking every little bite you put in your mouth. Frequency may be playing an important role here even if calories are low.
  • AlexisVeilleux
    AlexisVeilleux Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know this is an unpopular opinion but, are you perhaps constipated? Sometimes when we focus so much on getting our protein in etc we forget fiber as much. Iv had times where I wasnt losing because the small victories were being held up by the back up in the bottom :neutral: you dont have to reply! Just something to think on! Also make sure you're staying well hydrated because if you dont keep a close eye on sodium it can cause water retention which will come and go and is just water so no big deal at all! Don't get discouraged you're doing what you're supposed to, the results will come. Sometimes our bodies just hit plateaus. Somtimes they come out on their own and sometimes we have to change a few things to wiggle them out, you do what works for you and update! Good luck :smile:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    You have lost 28lbs in 14 weeks, about a 10% loss. That is a huge achievement! Congratulations!

It also sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise, so you must be very fit. Summer is here, time to enjoy some outdoor activities!

As for having a bad week: my condolences. It sucks big time when you have a week where the scale doesn't respond, particularly when you're working so hard. The problem is that your weight can vary daily by more than you can lose weekly. If it doesn't stress you out too much, weigh daily in the morning after toilet in the same level of dress. Track that weight and watch the trend. There are a number of web sites that do that, but I just eyeball it on MFP. Try not to overreact when you get a little uptick (e.g., 1-2lbs). @AlexisVeilleux has a good suggestion as to the cause. It can also be due to a little extra salt or many other things.

Stay consistent and you can't fail. Best of luck!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You've lost 14 pounds in less than 4 months. That is awesome! You are not going to see a scale loss each and every week. Keep doing the things that promote health & wellbeing, and trust the science. You will continue to lose weight over time, as long as you're eating at a deficit. So keep up the accurate & honest logging. Over time means when you look back 4-8 weeks, you should weigh less now than then. It does not mean your scale will show lower #s each & every time you step on it. The human body is just not that efficient, and water weight will skew the results in the short term.
  • raeannhuf
    Options
    Thanks for the post about constipation. Yes I do find myself in a bind often..lol.
    I have a hard time balancing low carb and fiber..I drink 45 to 50 oz of water a day..but I try to stay away from all breads, pastas..I do eat oatmeal, and some 100% whole wheat breads, pitas..but I do not eat a lot of fiber. Bread is my nemesis..I love it more than anything. I have to work on this.