** 35yr+ Moms Group for accountability **

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsbkeatley
    mrsbkeatley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newbie here 38 yr old full time carer to my hubby home schooling my 10 yr old till he starts secondary school september, dealing with major anxiety and depression also helping my teenage son who left school yesterday deal with change as he hates change so is struggling already I currently weigh 107kg eat crap no exercise and no energy to do anything :'( all help and support welcome xx
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been trying to fit more running into my schedule. I've been struggling to wake up early enough to get that in AND get ready before I have to get the kids up. Needing some discipline and will power not to stay in my comfy bed when the alarm goes off at 5 am. Any tips?? :)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old mom of a 13 year old. Currently starting out at 256- most of the weight gain was thanks to medication roulette for my depression, but now I've found one that works and need to start working on other things! Let the fun begin?
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi mom's! I'm 35 ( 36 in July), nice to meet everyone :) I have 3 children (14, 6, & 4). I am 5'6 and my highest weight (non-pregnant) is 213 and have been down to 182 as an adult. Currently at 192 and have finally found the strength to continue to my goal weight.

My mental health has greatly improved with the help of the man in my profile pic. He is my best friend and love of my life. I have support and strength behind me when I have a hard time finding strength in myself.

Anyone can add me if they like!
  • Milking0085
    Milking0085 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    36, single and 3 kids. I am always sooooo busy but I sure can find time to get on my phone 😑 I want to do just 10 minutes a day then keep going from there. I've gained weight quick and can really feel it in my belly 😩 5"9 280 lbs
  • Milking0085
    Milking0085 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts do you enjoy doing lately? For me it's gotta be walking and riding bikes with my Sons. Oh, and gardening!

I've been looking at my yard and don't even know where to start. I have repot a few things but it definitely needs to be tilled and plant some seeds, my ain't told June is the best month cause either rains so much here. Do you use a mountain bike or 10 speed?
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m a 45 year old mom of 3 young adult kids. I have 150 lbs to lose. Last month I reached my highest weight at 305 lbs. Since joining mfp last week I am at 297. I have been tracking my calories and doing some gardening for excercise. My goal is to start walking every day. I would like to meet some friends so that we can hold eachother accountable.
  • britneyd109
    britneyd109 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @Milking0085 I bought a basic mountain bike at our local Fred Meyer. I have been riding laps around our block teaching my youngest to be confident on his bike. It's funny I can ride 21 miles on my stationary bike but, outside 3 miles and I'm panting like a dog. Lol
  • Brie086
    Brie086 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread. I’m not quite 35 yet (will be in November) but I’m a mom to 3. My goal is to lose around 35-40lbs, but I’m more focused on how I feel/look in clothes than the scale.

So far, I haven’t lost much weight, but my husband made a comment that he has noticed a difference in my 🍑! I am not a fan of cardio, so I’m alternating kettlebell HIIT and 5x5/hip thrusts.
  • Mcarpenter13
    Mcarpenter13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m 36 with a blended family of 4 kids. I’m trying something for myself now that I have my body back from having children. Looking to add friends and community!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope I'm ok to jump in here, I turn 35 in a couple of months and have a brilliant little (almost) 2.5 year old at home! I'm an Aussie, so coming into the colder weather here which is not so nice.

I work full time and hubby is the stay at home parent. I squeeze in exercise/movement where I can during the day at work (mostly I'm chained to a desk) and do most of my exercise after the toddler goes to bed. I like steady-state cardio and yoga, mostly, but do try to do some strength training too as I know it's good for me!

Here's a pic of my little guy just because I love to share him!

edlh06zb4n0t.jpg
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii I'm a 37 year old mother of a 6 year old boy. I look forward to getting to know all the moms and support each other
  • SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join. :) I'm a 44 year old mom with 4 kids. (Boys ages 22, 17 & 16 and Girl 12)

I started this year at 215, my highest weight ever. (I'm 5' 5") Even at full term pregnancy I was never over 170 pounds, but 6 years ago an ankle injury, self-pity and depression have been catalysts for packing on the pounds. I decided in January that enough was enough and I got back on the MFP wagon. (I originally joined in 2014ish when I thought I needed to weigh 125 - I was at 140 at the time. Hahahaha. It's so sad to think about now.)

Anyhow, I'm on a journey to live a heathier life and to learn self acceptance & self compassion. I've been working my butt off, literally, and am down to 185.2. At some point I'd like to be 140 again. We shall see. :) I'm trying to love myself exactly where I am at every day. Why is it so hard to that though?!
  • hawleymoma
    hawleymoma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiii 💛 -

I really need some motivation ... I am soon to be 36 yr old, and a mom of 3 ... we have 2 fur babies and then my husband who is my oldest and most needy child!! (He’s also my biggest cheer leader) I work ALOT! And my job is very sedentary and very stressful (did i mention i work night shift 6p-6a). Sometimes 55 hour weeks. I also picked up a part time at the YMCA thinking I’d actually go to the gym, which hasn’t been the case 🙄.

ANYhooo — I’m looking to make some new friends and maybe have some sort of accountability, and push others along the way / i am great at motivating others and absolutely cannot motivate myself 😫.

I’m looking to loose 35 lbs, and it this present time constant inconsistency is affecting me mental and emotionally.