Reached step 1

Options
dolorsit
dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
I started to lose weight (this time) on Jan 1 at BMI 29.6. Today I reached my arbitrary target of BMI 22.5 after 21 weeks. The real goal of course is not to put the weight back on, hence I don't want to say I reached my goal yet. Maybe after a year at target weight or body fat %.

Stats for the last 21 weeks, or 147 days:
Cycled 10km/day (total 1465km)
Ran 6.2km/day (total 916km)
Steps: 15300/day (total 2,252,400)

I only started logging my food on MFP in Feb some time, and haven't been exactly diligent with that, so no figures there. Am glad I logged food though as I now really feel I know what I can eat to maintain. Now need to put on some upper body muscle as I haven't been using anything but my legs in this journey so far.

Replies

• PeachTye
    PeachTye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • dolorsit
    Options
    Thank you.
  • wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    As long as the method you used to lose the weight/maintain is long-term sustainable, there's no reason you can't keep it off permanently by simply making it a habit and sticking to it. I've got 10+ years in maintenance so far, so it's totally do-able. Anything extreme that you can't keep up might result in backsliding once you stop. It looks like you've got a pretty intense fitness plan. Make sure you build in some rest time! Yes to getting that strength training started. That's an investment with awesome payoffs. Nice work! <3
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dolorsit
    Options
    Thanks. I am someone who's always liked to do a lot of sport, but have bouts of doing nothing which puts the weight back on quickly. Have to make sure I keep it up, and figure out a strength training plan now.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss @dolorsit.

That's a lot of exercise each day, but I'm like you, I need to exercise daily to be able to lose/maintain. I can't do it with diet alone.

I only started logging my food intake in March and it's been a real eye-opener, but I've learned what I can eat and more importantly, portion control I need to follow to be able to maintain. I don't exclude any food goods, but if I am mindful of portion size I can have the foods I enjoy.

My main forms or cardio exercise are running and rebounding, but I also do strength workouts at home (I'm not a member of a gym and have no intention to join one).

At home I do planks and isometric holds (reps of 30 seconds). I'm just looking to build strength all over and I have found that these exercises help to 'tone' and increase my upper body and core strength, without the need for all the jumping about you get from doing HIT sessions.
  • dolorsit
    Options
    Hi sweetdaisy13. Yeah, without exercise I look at the paltry amount of calories I'm allotted and it doesn't look like a lot of fun. I have barely ever been hungry in the last 5 months, and I think that's due to being able to eat quite a bit of volume due to the exercise which is running and cycling. If I have a day off, my go to calorie burn is an hour walk up a hill and back. I have a pull-up bar at home, but that's about it for equipment. I'll look into your suggestions. Thanks!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    dolorsit wrote: »
    Thanks. I am someone who's always liked to do a lot of sport, but have bouts of doing nothing which puts the weight back on quickly. Have to make sure I keep it up, and figure out a strength training plan now.

You could try Darebee. They have tons of free routines. When we lost access to the gym during the pandemic, my husband and I started doing Darebee strength workouts at home. For example, here's a 30 day challenge: https://darebee.com/programs/ironborn-program.html. You'd want to acquire a few sets of dumbbells. There are straight body weight workouts on the site if you can't get dumbbells. I don't even want to go back to the gym now.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    dolorsit wrote: »

I use BodyFit by Amy, also very good workouts with a lot of bodyweight options, although I now also have dumbbells and kettlebells.
  • dolorsit
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers. I'll look into both of those. I don't have any bumbells right now, but they don't seem too pricey and sounds like it's worth the investment. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!