Annoyed with Diary Feature

Options
Why is it that mfp shows overage in fiber and protein in 'bad red' when thats really a good thing? I like seeing the green all the way across when I have a successful day, but if I stay in calorie range I have to go higher protein or I am hungry all the time.

????

Replies

• napanda69
    Options
    I feel the same way...I always shoot for more fiber and protein. Maybe it's a choice of what works for one might not work for all. I guess the tracker is general to include all types.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I actually strive to see red under fiber
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same way. I think that lots of fiber is a good thing and a little over in protein isn't bad either. I don't like seeing those numbers in the red when I feel I've had a really good day.
  • jillwm
    Options
    You should increase the protein percentage, it’s way too low on ‘custom’.

And no, we do not like it red :huh:
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Why don't you manually change how much you intake to make sure you keep a balance everyday that is more than what MFP lets you but don't go in the red
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Why is it that mfp shows overage in fiber and protein in 'bad red' when thats really a good thing? I like seeing the green all the way across when I have a successful day, but if I stay in calorie range I have to go higher protein or I am hungry all the time.

????

Going over on those may not be a good thing if you have them set to the correct level for you. You can change the goal in your diary by going to goals, click change goals, select custom, make your changes then click save changes.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You can customize your diary to make your fiber goal higher...then you could stay in the green!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Where do you change it? I've been to diary settings but couldn't find to change percentages...
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    red is not evil - just a color 'the MAN' has taught us means "STOP" or bad, or don't cross! lol
    i don't think it's bad to be over in fiber or protein, especially if it keeps you from overeating other things.
    now - FAT........that is where i am in "the red"........and this IS a BAD thing - - lmao.....but i'm workin on it
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could change them. Thats great! Now I guess I will have to research what a healthy level of protein and fiber are for me, since I have no idea. :) Thanks!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    MyHome > Goals > Change Goals > custom
    Fix your percentages to what fits you.... (mine is 45% protein, 25% carb, 30%fat)

My Home > Settings Diary Settings
    Change what you track on your diary and the names of your meals...
    I changed my meals names to time frames (7a-11a, 11a-3p, after 7p, vitamins etc)
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    red is not evil - just a color 'the MAN' has taught us means "STOP" or bad, or don't cross! lol
    i don't think it's bad to be over in fiber or protein, especially if it keeps you from overeating other things.
    now - FAT........that is where i am in "the red"........and this IS a BAD thing - - lmao.....but i'm workin on it

For me it is Sugar... I really need to get a handle on that!!
  • jillwm
    Options

My home - Goals - Change goals - Custom: Manually.... -> Edit the percentage and then click 'Change goals'
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    i feel you.
    protein is really important espeacially to build muscles! i'M always trying to reach my protein goal and i'm really proud of me when i make it over my goal. As long as you stay under your calorie number theres nothing wrong with 100g of protein or more. quite the opposite!

this alarming red color is really annoying!!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I agree... I always try to have red fiber and red protein.... I know there's a setting to change the goal for the two, but I haven't taken the time to fill it. I require more protein or I'm starved between feedings - lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can change the "goal" or not track those at all. I don't track fiber because I know I get plenty. I track protein to make sure that I don't get too much. I don't mind seeing red in that column as long as the red number is low, but I have a tendancy to go way over sometimes so I like that it turns red when I'm over.
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Anyone else compare their calorie goal with other free tracking sites? I just calculated my BMR and it is around 1930 calories (through Discovery Health) and MFP has it at 2300 calories. Livestrong has my daily calorie goal at 1700 and MFP has it at 1550...just curious.