BodyMedia FIT Armband

Options
I'm thinking of buying the BodyMedia FIT Armband....
If you have it, do you like it? Pros/Cons?
Any help would be appreciated, since it's pricey I want to make sure it's worth the money!

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i have one, i no longer use it, but thought it was worth the money to help me to determine my TDEE
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    I heard there's a monthly fee to use its services (to log your information daily), is that true? If so, how much is that?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I heard there's a monthly fee to use its services (to log your information daily), is that true? If so, how much is that?

depends, most come with a free 3 month trial so to speak, then you can get the monthly package for i l beleive 12.95/month or 6 month/1yr packages which are much cheaper

you may be able to get away with using it for 3 months to determine you burn and then you won't need it as much
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had one for a few months. It really does give some interesting information.

Pros:
    1) You get metabolic info from the whole day instead of just workouts
    2) It helps you see about your sleep patterns

Cons:
    1) Pricey
    2) I don't like the monthly fee, but you have to pay to get most of the benefit. Seems like extortion to me.
    3) You don't get a downloadable copy of your actual data, you really only get to see their summaries on their website or your phone app.
    4) If would be really nice if they would link up to MFP, but to get some benefits, you need to log your food a second time into their food tracker, which is much less nice than MFP

I'm actually a bit on the fence about it. I did find some good things out with it, but it's advantage seems limited after a month or so, so I'm thinking the price might be too high for what you gain. I realize this doesn't help you, but I was trying to be honest.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It measures not only your heartrate but your skin and body temperature in determining your TDE
    Sorry to be nit-picky, but in case it matters to the OP,, it does not measure Heartrate. It has 3 sensor packages, Temperature, Electro-resistivity, and gyroscopes for movement tracking.
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    Hmmm okay. I don't like the monthly fee, and I want something long-term that will last. I'm going to research some watch-style herat rate monitors. Thank you, everyone! =)