Polar FT7 HRM Trouble...

Options
I have a polar FT7 HRM and have been having some trouble with it keeping my HR monitored....last night at the gym it took me a full 9 mins of wetting and rewetting and rubbing and reapplying and adjusting on my body for the damn thing to register my HR....it eventually did and worked the rest of the workout but it was very annoying...i almost just took the damn thing off and was going to just use an estimate but i was trying to beat toots99 so i wanted to have a true reading lol....so anyway, anyone else having trouble??? i'm coming up to one year in october of using the thing and will be contacting polar to discuss with them as i dont want to "waste" my money and by another one when this one is less than a year old.....i will if i have to because i am now addicted to working out with a HRM but seriously WTF is going on with this thing??? Thoughts?? Suggestions??? i wet it really well before putting it on, i wear it VERY tight to get the best possible connection, i rinse it off after i use it....what the hell else do i need to do to make it work consistently???

Replies

• jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, and had the same problem. I changed the battery in the transmitter, and the problem was solved.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've heard of others having the same problem when thu don't wash I enough. Make sure u put it through the washing machine every time u use it. I remember reading it in the manual. Hope this helps!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Once I could NOT get mine to pick up my heart rate no matter what I did - only had the thing for about a month at the time. What worked for me was removing the transmitter battery and putting it back it to kind of 'reset' it. It's worked fine ever since.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I've heard of others having the same problem when thu don't wash I enough. Make sure u put it through the washing machine every time u use it. I remember reading it in the manual. Hope this helps!

i have never put it in the washing machine....i soak it in the sink every few weeks or so......i will definitely try the battery change out suggestion though...
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I have the FT4, and had the same problem. I changed the battery in the transmitter, and the problem was solved.

how the hell do i get the back open????
  • thegirl68
    thegirl68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The directions with my FT7 said to wash in the washing machine every 5th wear and rinse after each wear. I've had mine since December and never had an issue.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine did that yesterday for the first time. Lost sync here and there. Someone else said replace the battery in the transmitter. I might try that if it keeps up.

Otherwise, I'd have to go with a faulty chest strap. I think they cost about $15 to replace, but I'd contact Polar for support.

- Mike
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have been having similar troubles with mine. I usually put it on before I leave the house. I find that if I wet it and put it on, it does not like to read the HR. But if I put it on while driving there, I guess my body warms it up enough to cause a bit of sweat perhaps under the strap and then it 'usually' picks up my HR before I start.

I have had trouble with mine lately going to 212 BPM, when I KNOW my HR is not that high. I have to stop it and start it again to get it to reset. Might have to try changing my battery.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The directions with my FT7 said to wash in the washing machine every 5th wear and rinse after each wear. I've had mine since December and never had an issue.
    [/quote

^^^^ Yup
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i remember reading that but i guess i was just afraid to wash it in the machine...i suppose they know what to do lol...i'll wash it this weekend...
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Do you disconnect the monitor from the strap when you're not using it? That causes the battery to drain very quickly if you don't! I also definitely suggest washing it in the washing machine every 5th wash or so, it will help it stay nice and fresh!
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This thread has been very helpful, lol
    I've been having the same issue with my ft7. I do wash it in the machine every couple of wears though, so I'll try taking out and putting back in the battery. Mine won't be able to get a read for quite a while, then trying again and again it'll sometimes read as 47bpm, or 230bpm or something crazy like that.
    *I've had mine since August 2011 and it's been giving me issues for a couple of months :/*
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i ended up sending mine to a polar "fixer" and they replaced the battery in my watch and my transmitter and i bought a new strap...i think mine was just "worn out"...think i spent like 40bucks and now everything works perfectly....it was worth it...
    denise
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have the same trouble with mine after only two months. Sent it to Polar and just received it back. They said nothing is wrong. Don't know what to do now. I'm very disappointed with their customer service and have a HRM that doesn't work.