Fitbit/MFP calorie count decreased

Hello

I recently lost a few lbs and changed my current weight on MfP and my fitbit. I noticed a major drop in the calories I am burning. I am doing more activity as well but still such a low number for calories burned. Any advice?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Every time you update your weight, the calories are adjusted accordingly. To use MFP as intended, you need to log your exercise separately.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    A few pounds should not have caused a major drop.

Where are you noticing a drop in calories you are burning?

I ask because some people only see the MFP line in their Exercise Diary for Fitbit adjust and use that as a basis for something.
    Not that useful.

Or are you actually looking at your Fitbit stats for like daily burn, at end of day?
    Or a specific workout?

How long have you been using the Fitbit?
    A few lbs could have taken a couple weeks - which is about how long it takes the Fitbit to learn some stats about you and improve it's HR-based calorie burn during workouts - that could have coincidently happened at the same time as lowering your weight.

Are you syncing your Fitbit and MFP accounts - meal calorie totals show up on Fitbit?

Or just using Fitbit as a step source on MFP app on phone but no linked account?
  • phoolonkirani
    phoolonkirani Posts: 14 Member
    Drop in the mfp line at the top. Been using fitbit for about 3 months now. Synching them. Meal calories come up on fit bit. Only using mfp for inputting foods.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    So again - a few lbs drop in weight should only cause a small change in calories - MFP used to wait until 10 was dropped before asking if you wanted to update the calorie figures because a smaller change just wasn't much.

So you'll have to dig for info if you are actually interested in figuring out why that one line changed - since there is a bit of info behind those figures.

I'd start out on the Fitbit side - review through your days for Total Daily burned figures and picking about equal days see how much it actually dropped there.