Eating light before weigh in

roseym10
roseym10 Posts: 101 Member
Does anyone who is a weekly weigher eat lighter the day before to see a drop on the scale? I weigh weekly on Saturdays and typically I will eat a very light dinner on Friday and avoid restaurant food, salty food and any other food that will affect the reading on the scale. I will sometimes just have some eggs for dinner. I get really demotivated if I see the slightest bit of water weight affect my weigh in. If you do this, what are other go-to meals you have just for this?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I kinda do it the other way around: I typically eat fairly light on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I weigh Thursday morning :-)
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I kinda do it the other way around: I typically eat fairly light on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I weigh Thursday morning :-)

I'm like this, too - Friday mornings are my weigh-in day because my weekdays are fairly stable. Weird stuff is most likely to happen on the weekends. It's not that I'm trying to trick the scale into giving me the lowest weight possible, but I figure it's going to give me a more accurate read on what I'm actually doing, since the weekend is the most likely to feature logging approximations, unusual activity, etc. I don't deliberately not eat on Thursday evening, but I will admit there are times when I have 100 calories left over and I decide to just leave them be because I'm not actually hungry. But if I was hungry, I'd eat 'em.
  • roseym10

I'm like this, too - Friday mornings are my weigh-in day because my weekdays are fairly stable. Weird stuff is most likely to happen on the weekends. It's not that I'm trying to trick the scale into giving me the lowest weight possible, but I figure it's going to give me a more accurate read on what I'm actually doing, since the weekend is the most likely to feature logging approximations, unusual activity, etc. I don't deliberately not eat on Thursday evening, but I will admit there are times when I have 100 calories left over and I decide to just leave them be because I'm not actually hungry. But if I was hungry, I'd eat 'em.

This is why I weigh in on Fridays. My weekends are typically where I'm less restrictive. I need to work on that however because sometimes I go a little too much off my eating plan.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    roseym10 wrote: »

This is why I weigh in on Fridays. My weekends are typically where I'm less restrictive. I need to work on that however because sometimes I go a little too much off my eating plan.

I actually ended up setting lower calorie goals for weekdays to give me extra room on weekend days for this exact reason. So I'm still on plan, my plan is just different on the weekends. :D
  • larrysmit808
    larrysmit808 Posts: 3 Member

Usually on weekdays I eat as usual and work out and only on Friday I have only breakfast and lunch and for dinner I have a glass of water

143224_thumbs-up-icon-facebook-like-thumbs-up-round.png

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    edited May 2021

Usually on weekdays I eat as usual and work out and only on Friday I have only breakfast and lunch and for dinner I have glass of water.

Well that is fine if it is some balanced intermittent fasting thing - pointless if just to get artifcially low scale reading on one day.
  • roseym10

Usually on weekdays I eat as usual and work out and only on Friday I have only breakfast and lunch and for dinner I have glass of water.

Well that is fine if it is some balanced intermittent fasting thing - pointless if just to get artifcially low scale reading on one day.

I do IF by skipping breakfast. Maybe I should reverse it and skip dinner the day before my weigh in?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member

I do IF by skipping breakfast. Maybe I should reverse it and skip dinner the day before my weigh in?

I hope that isnt a serious question rosey, I'm not sure - but if so, you have been missing point of replies.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Get libra or happy scale and weigh in EVERY morning after using the restroom in your birthday suit pick a day of the week and record that day as MFP weigh in. See you can't cheat fitness or weightloss results it's pointless. Even if the scale malfunctioned and showed you a 10lb loss in 2days you know when you're getting smaller. It's best to use it as a measuring tool. If you want to obsess over weightloss and use disordered eating techniques revolving around weigh ins you still see an acurate trend if you follow the same method every week. It's important to get comfy with weigh ins even ones you don't like and with happy scale or libra scale it shows you a trend slope that's a lot more positive than a lot of regular weigh in methods. Your worth isn't tied to a number on the scale and the scale cannot judge you it's not alive. This is a walk towards being your healthiest self and you just stroll through the pathway step after step without criticism or shame. Eat the right amount and keep it mostly healthy while also adding exercise. Do it day after day and eventually you reach your goals. Who cares if it takes a year when you've got this body for your entire life. There's no end date, it's not a test you can fail... just chip away at the stone until the sculpture appears. You've got this.