Workout Music

Options
I went for a walk on my lunch our and had my ipod on shuffle. Rock With You be Michael Jackson came on and I found it was the perfect rythmn & beat for my stride.

Does anyone recommend any good tracks for a brisk walk or want to share what music they like to work out to?

Replies

• jem728
    Options
    'Push It" by Salt & Pepa. The beat is kinda of fast, but when I want to take things up a notch, this is what I listen to.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There's a nice free app on the iPhone that suggests tracks for the pace you walk at.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I like anything hard rock, like Nightwish or Powerman 5000.

btw, workoutmusic.com is having a sale, buy two and get one free.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    'Push It" by Salt & Pepa. The beat is kinda of fast, but when I want to take things up a notch, this is what I listen to.
    I LOVE that track!!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Let see

- Rammstein
    - Nightwish
    - Abandon all ships
    - Silent Descent
    - Afrikaans stuff that you probably won't understand

I generally love music that will get my blood flowing and to motivate me to push harder.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I used to listen to fast paced hype music like Ante Up, but now I have given up on music and I just turn on the TV. I put the elliptical front and center and I zone out to Anthony Bourdain or True Blood
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I should have to try that one. Will be fun to listen to some things I have not heard for a while.
  • coatsie79
    Options
    There's a nice free app on the iPhone that suggests tracks for the pace you walk at.

I'll take a look, thanks for the tip.
  • pourmasanté107
    Options
    Oh my goodness I love this topic...

My current favorites:
    Sky by Joshua Radin and Ingrid Michaelson
    Cindy by Tammany Hall NYC
    Close Your Eyes by Young Love
    Strawberry Swing by Coldplay
    Swoon by Imogen Heap
    Breathe In by Frou Frou
    Getting There by Amanda Stott
    There She Goes by Sixpence None the Richer (there's another good version by The La's too...)
    If You Run by The Boxer Rebellion
    Hooray by Minus the Bear
    Shadow by The Southland
    One Marathon by Reverie Sound Revue
    Tokyo by The Books
    Groan Man, Don't Cry by Nick Zammuto

:o)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    www.jogfm.com

This site allows you to look up music by BPM (beats per minute) .... find the Michael Jaskson song you mentioned & you will have your perfect BPM. Then you can search for other songs in that same range.

I love this site - it gives my lots of good ideas.

Rock With You is 114 BPM. 3 MPH is about 118 BMP - this is probably the range you are looking for.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd is great for me...............
  • coatsie79
    Options
    Oh my goodness I love this topic...

My current favorites:
    Sky by Joshua Radin and Ingrid Michaelson
    Cindy by Tammany Hall NYC
    Close Your Eyes by Young Love
    Strawberry Swing by Coldplay
    Swoon by Imogen Heap
    Breathe In by Frou Frou
    Getting There by Amanda Stott
    There She Goes by Sixpence None the Richer (there's another good version by The La's too...)
    If You Run by The Boxer Rebellion
    Hooray by Minus the Bear
    Shadow by The Southland
    One Marathon by Reverie Sound Revue
    Tokyo by The Books
    Groan Man, Don't Cry by Nick Zammuto

:o)

I don't know a lot of those, maybe it's because I'm English. I feel a youtube session coming up.
  • coatsie79
    Options
    www.jogfm.com

This site allows you to look up music by BPM (beats per minute) .... find the Michael Jaskson song you mentioned & you will have your perfect BPM. Then you can search for other songs in that same range.

I love this site - it gives my lots of good ideas.

Rock With You is 114 BPM. 3 MPH is about 118 BMP - this is probably the range you are looking for.

Fab! I was going uphill when Rock with you was on and found it really helped to keep me going. Will definately look at this, never knew sites like this existed. Thanks :0)
  • konjit
    Options