Dry June 2021! Let's go sober for 30days πŸŽ‰ who's in?

Hi, I've made myself a challenge to not have any alcohol for the whole of June to give my poor liver a break πŸ˜† over lockdown like many of us I have started drinking more and more and more frequently over the past few months it has been every single day at least 4/5 beers or half a bottle of gin πŸ™„ not proud of myself. Once I was brave enough to put my drinks into my diary I have been shocked at how many calories I have been drinking! No wonder I'm piling on the pounds.

I'm not very good with willpower so would love some support and motivation to do this who is with me?
πŸŽ‰πŸ’•πŸŽ‰πŸ’•πŸŽ‰πŸ’•πŸŽ‰

Replies

• Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    Happy to support and cheer you on - needing to get back on track myself! Feel free to add me.
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    I had to stop drinking white russians because of the weight gain.... but dammit, give me vodka or give me death!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Hi I wish you all the best. I am afraid I can't do the month of June with you (have two mini vaca's planned). I always do dry January and feel so much better!! You can this! After 3 weeks..you will be in a pattern and forget about it. I wish you all the best and if I can support you let me know. Keep on posting you updates for support.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Hey I think I saw you post in the Less Alcohol thread at the very end of May. We've got our new June thread going now. If you don't get enough dry buddies here, there's at least 3 people in the Less Alcohol thread that are going dry for June: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834363/less-alcohol-june-2021-one-day-at-a-time/p1

If we're still too boozy for you, there's the Sober Squad thread over in Challenges, aimed at people who are looking at giving up alcohol for good, or at least a while.
  • Illusions20
    Illusions20 Posts: 16 Member
    A little late but I'm in ! Feel free to add me! :)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Am in... AF since May.. plan on keeping it going for this month at least...